Expert Review: Indi Golf ATK C-Grind WedgePublished on 03/14/2023 · 5 min readThis review is my honest opinion of the wedge, which I purchased with my own money in July of 2022.
All photos courtesy of Kyle Emery
About this Review: This review is my honest opinion of the wedge, which I purchased with my own money in July of 2022.
Having the Indi Golf ATK C-Grind wedge in my bag has been a boost to my wedge game! I immediately noticed the added spin on the ball from the TractionFace technology on full shots and chip shots around the greens. Its forgiveness is useful for off-center strikes; seeing the ball travel just as far and with as much spin as if I flushed it was a welcome sight. I recommend this club to any golfer looking to maximize their wedge performance, anywhere from low to high handicaps!
About the club I own
- Model: Indi Golf ATK C-Grind Wedge
- Loft: 58 degrees
- Bounce: 12 degrees
- Grind: C Grind
- Finish: Chrome
- Average Score: 79
- Handicap: 6.8
- Experience: 25 years of golf
- Right/Left-Handed: Right-handed
- Golf Ball Used: Titleist Pro V1x
- Angle Of Attack: Steep
- When I bought the wedge: July 2022
- Days tested: 3 days
- Where I’ve used it: Pheasant Acres golf course/driving range in Corcoran, MN, and Fox Hollow golf course in St. Michael, MN
- Weather Conditions: Sunny, firm/tight course conditions
- Green Conditions: Bent grass
How it performs
What I was looking for
I won this wedge at an Indi Golf product clinic. When I look to buy a new wedge, my priorities are feel, spin, and forgiveness. The Indi Golf ATK wedge checked all of those boxes for me. With the way the wedge performs on full shots and around the greens, I’ll be looking to replace my other wedges with Indi Golf wedges!
Why I chose this club
I chose the Indi Golf ATK C-Grind wedge to accommodate my steeper angle of attack. I was looking for a wedge that has a good amount of bounce to offer. The bounce and turf interaction is exactly what I want it to be out of a premium-performing wedge. It results in a fantastic feel off the face and a consistent spin rate. After learning about the different models and how they perform during the Indi Golf Product Clinic, I was completely sold on the benefits these wedges would provide for my golf game.
What I love about it
- Launch: The Scoopback design of the wedge allows for a lower, more-controllable launch with a slightly higher center of gravity than most wedges. I noticed a consistent ball flight on full shots. This club has the traditional look and performance of an older Titleist Vokey wedge.
- Feel: One of the better-feeling wedges I’ve used to date! I love the turf interaction and how smooth the ball felt coming off the face. Shots out towards the toe didn’t feel harsh and still provided spin. It is equal, if not better, than the feel of a Vokey wedge!
- Spin: Incredible spin and response from traditional golf balls and range balls! The TractionFace and 22 V-Grove design truly allows for maximum spin. Provided more spin than my Vokey SM7 wedge.
- Bounce: The 58-degree wedge comes with 12 degrees of bounce and a C-Grind sole allowing for maximum forgiveness and versatility. This combination works perfectly for golfers who take deep divots and have a steep swing path.
- Around the Green: Around the green, I was able to play a wide range of shots from a high-flop, to a one-hop stop, and even a low runner. What stood out the most was its stopping power on full shots coming into the green. If my ball had a little extra draw spin on it, the ball would hit the green and stop almost immediately.
- Full Shots: Full shots with the ATK wedge had a clean and appealing feel. Center shots felt as smooth as can be. Off-center strikes still had good distance and didn’t feel harsh on contact.
Issues I’ve encountered
- Forgiveness: The forgiveness on the Indi ATK wedge is similar to other premium wedges on the market. Any deviation from the sweet spot will result in shots that don’t feel as good and certainly don’t fly as far. Spin is still fantastic on mishits with the full-toe grooves, but I definitely feel that I missed the center.
- Aesthetic Appeal: The Indi Golf ATK wedge has a little bulkiness to it that some more experienced players may not prefer. The head and face are larger than the Vokey SM7 wedge in my comparisons.
Best Shot with this Wedge
What I was most impressed with about the Indi ATK wedge was during warmups before my round started. I was chipping range balls around the green, and I couldn’t believe they were one-hop stopping! Range balls are often very firm and provide very little spin. To see the Indi ATK wedge stop these right next to where I wanted it to be with a range ball was astounding!
Value for the money vs. other options
The Indi Golf ATK wedge is absolutely worth the money as a premium wedge option! Performance-wise, it is going to provide a similar feel, spin, and forgiveness comparable to the Cleveland Zipcore and Callaway Jaws Full Face lines of wedges. Utilizing newer design techniques of running the grooves all the way out to the toe provides ultimate shot-making and spin capabilities.
The Indi Golf ATK wedge exceeded my expectations! Premium feel, maximum spin, and above-average forgiveness are all highlights of what this wedge can offer!