Expert Review: Indi Golf Jett PutterPublished on 03/14/2023 · 5 min readThis review is my honest opinion of the putter, which I purchased with my own money in July of 2022.
Was able to run this 20 footer in during our 4 person scramble for big brothers big sisters! Photos courtesy of Marty Hebeler
About this Review: This review is my honest opinion of the putter, which I purchased with my own money in July of 2022.
The Indi Golf Jett is a premium mallet putter constructed from high-quality aluminum with a big tungsten weight insert. This putter has a fantastic shape and appearance and a balanced feel. In addition, the forgiveness of this putter is off the chart. This putter is ideal for anyone who prefers a mallet-style putter and wants something forgiving.
About the club I tested
- Model: 2022 Indi Golf Jett
- Shape: Mallet
- Hosel Neck: Slant
- Balance Point: 45 degrees toe down
- Shaft Length: 35”
- Grip Type: Superstroke Traxion 2.0
- Finish: Black finish with blue accents
- Average Score: 74
- Handicap: 2
- Experience: 27 years playing golf
- Right/Left-Handed: Right-Handed
- Stroke Type: Slight Arc
- Golf Ball Used: TaylorMade Tp5 pix
- Height: 6’1”
- When I bought the putter: July 2022
- Days tested: 3
- Where I’ve used it: Practice green and tournament play
- Weather and Wind Conditions: Warm and windy
- Green Speed: 10
- Grass Type: Bent Grass
How it performs
What I was looking for
In testing this, I was looking for a great forgiving mallet putter that was easy to align and control the speed on quick greens. The Indi Golf Jett fits the bill in those categories.
Why I chose this club
I chose to go with the Indi Golf Jett Putter because it looks incredible. It also was the correct shape I was looking for, and I had a hunch the aluminum body would give me the soft feel I enjoy. I also considered and demoed the TaylorMade Spider GT slant neck and the Odyssey Eleven series two-ball slant neck. I decided to try the Indi instead because the ball feels better off the face, and I could align it better.
What I love about it
- Face Feel: I love the feel off the face of this putter. It is very soft, like I would feel with a putter with a nice insert, while still giving me the feedback I need to control the pace. I did not encounter any mishits or anything off the face that turned me off in the slightest.
- Forgiveness: The weighting on this putter is far back and toward the exterior. This gives the putter an extremely high MOI (Moment of Inertia) and one of the most forgiving I have ever tested. The sweet spot feels huge.
- Alignment: I found the alignment on this putter to be better than most. The stark contrast of colors with the two lines on top made it very easy to line up.
- Length: For my height and eye line, I prefer the 35” model. The longer shaft is ideal for my eye line down over the ball for alignment.
- Aesthetic Appeal: This thing looks fantastic, and not everyone will have one. I prefer to be different, and this made it possible without sacrificing any performance from the more well-known competition.
- Grip Feel: SuperStroke is the best at what they do, making putter grips hard to beat. The SuperStroke is an available free option on the grip of this putter. They have several to choose from.
- Customization: Golfers can customize the lie and loft on this putter, as well as length and grip. It can be configured to fit in anyone's bag. Indi Golf also has limited time colors from time to time if one really wants to stand out.
Issues I’ve encountered
- Weight: It is not a deal breaker, but I feel the weight could be a little closer to the face of the putter, and it would be smoother. But I think that would rob the club of its amazing forgiveness.
Best Putt or Round with this Putter
Shortly after getting this putter picked up, I was in a four person scramble, and we were able to shoot -15! I made 3-4 long putts 12 feet plus in length, which I didn't expect to make. I also clutched up on some shorter 5-8 footers to keep us in the game.
Value for the money vs. other options
The Indi Golf Jett is a premium product and does carry the price tag to reflect that. But compared to some Scotty putters I have played in my bag, this checks every box and some extras that they did not. So one will not be disappointed to spend their hard-earned money on this product!
I made a lot of putts with this putter. It feels great! My speed off the face is fantastic, and the alignment aids on top with the blue against the black make it easy to line up. However, it's pretty heavy, and the weight sometimes feels too far away from the face. The head has an aluminum construction with a huge tungsten insert. The feel the aluminum provides is so soft. But like I said, I wouldn't be upset if it had a little more weight towards the face. The Jett is not for someone looking to pick the ball up with the putter. They would have to add something to the grip to make that happen. Overall, this is a premium putter. Anyone who likes the Spider or Eleven series putters will also enjoy this.