Expert Review: Titleist 2022 T100S Iron Set 8 piece SteelPublished on 03/14/2023 · 4 min readThis review is my honest opinion of the golf clubs, which I tested in January of 2022.
About this Review: This review is my honest opinion of the golf clubs, which I tested in January of 2022.
The Titleist T100S irons are my favorite irons I’ve ever tried, and I wish I had the money to buy these. My favorite part is how they feel absolutely perfect. This set is the one for someone with a low handicap in the market for a beautiful blade.
About the club I tested
- Model: 2022 Titleist T100S
- Loft setting: Normal
- Shaft type: True Temper Dynamic Gold
- Shaft flex: X100
- Average score: 76
- Handicap: 4
- Experience: 16 years playing golf
- Right/Left-Handed: Right
- Typical ball flight: Mid-High
- Golf ball used: TItleist ProV1
- Club swing speed: 110-115 mph Driver
- When I tested the club: January 2022
- Days tested: 1
- Where I’ve used it: Simulator
- Weather and wind conditions: Indoors
How it performs
What I was looking for
I was looking for a blade that felt and performed great. The feel aspect was especially important for me since it’s hard to come across an iron that feels perfect.
Why I chose this club
I picked the Titleist T100S as my favorite club over other clubs based on the feel alone. While other clubs gave me consistent performance like this one, the feel was nowhere near as buttery. Its looks were a bonus as it aesthetically catered to my eye.
What I love about it
- Distance: The “S” in the T100S stands for “strong” as Titleist has cranked the loft down just a little bit to help with those who need an added distance benefit. While they aren’t going to go as far as players irons and game improvement irons, they still go farther than other blades because of the lofts.
- Feel: The blade’s feel is impeccable and completely unmatched. I don’t know what Titleist does to make this feel so nice but whatever they’re doing, they’re doing it right.
- Sound: If an iron has a good feel, it usually has satisfactory sound. The T100S follows that pattern perfectly and provides a flush sound whenever I make great contact with it.
- Workability: The limited offset combined with the lack of added weighting helps this club make shots that other players and game improvement irons can’t.
- Shaft Feel: The shaft felt great in my hands. While it may be too heavy and too stiff for others, it’s perfect for those with a fast swing speed.
- Shaft Performance: It launched the ball at the perfect height and performed great. True Temper shafts never seem to fail me.
- Aesthetic Appeal: I couldn’t ask for more from Titleist when it comes to aesthetic appeal. Titlelist did a great job designing this from the back and the top down.
- Grip Feel: The T100S came with the normal Tour Velvet grip I see on most irons I test out in the store. While I like a harder grip, this is the grip that most people like.
- Launch Angle: The launch angle had a more piercing ball flight than the regular T100 simply because of the lowered loft.
- Spin: Even with the lowered loft, this club was still spinning back on my shots that hit the green, which really impressed me.
Issues I’ve encountered
- Forgiveness: Forgiveness is the only drawback I see from this club. The club doesn't offer any forgiveness. If I hit it badly, I won't see my ball go as far as it should.
- Adjustability: There is no adjustability, but like with all irons, one can go to their local pro shop and get it bent if needed.
Best shot with this club
While I didn’t hole out from far out, I can confidently say that I was throwing darts. The consistency within the club itself definitely helped me get closer and closer to the pin.
Value for the money vs. other options
The T100S has an expensive price tag, to say the least. However, if someone is looking for an amazing set of blades, there aren’t any lower-priced options out there. I’ve tested the Callaway Apex Pros and the TaylorMade P770s and can confidently say these outdo them.
The Titleist T100S is my favorite iron I’ve ever tested. It unlocks some incredible feel and performance for those who can hit them well.