Expert Review: Callaway 2021 ERC Soft Triple Track Golf BallsPublished on 03/14/2023 · 3 min readThis review is my honest opinion of the golf balls, which I purchased with my own money in April of 2022.
All photos courtesy of Michael V.
About this Review: This review is my honest opinion of the golf balls, which I purchased with my own money in April of 2022.
The Callaway ERC Soft Triple Track is one of the softest golf balls on the market. At 38 compression, this golf ball will suit slower swing speeds best. The alignment aid truly does make a difference, making it easier to aim and hit putts on line.
About the golf ball I own
- Model: 2021 Callaway ERC Soft Triple Track Golf Balls
- Color: White
- Average score: <75
- Handicap: 0.7 index
- Experience: 10+ years of playing golf
- Right/Left-handed: Right-handed
- Typical shot shape: Slight draw or fade
- Typical trajectory: I prefer to hit low knockdown shots to control ball flight
- Club swing speed: My average clubhead speed with a driver is around 115 mph
- When I bought this: April 2022
- Days tested: Three to four rounds and plenty of practice sessions
- Where I’ve used it: I use these golf balls mostly as a practice aid, warming up on the putting greens, or hitting golf balls into a simulator
- Weather and wind conditions: All types of weather conditions, with the exception of rain
- Turf conditions: Soft and firm conditions
- Green speeds: Mostly fast greens
How it performs
What I was looking for
I was looking for a golf ball that would help me align my putts. After years of putting sharpie marks on my golf ball, I was ready to try something new.
Why I chose this golf ball
I decided to buy the Callaway ERC Triple Track golf balls because of their proven technology in helping golfers to aim their putts better. Not only is it the softest golf ball I’ve played, but it is also the easiest to align. I also considered TaylorMade’s 2022 Tour Response Stripe golf balls, but wanted a softer feel around the green.
What I love about it
- Distance: The distance is great, especially for slower-paced swings.
- Feel: It will be hard for golfers to find a softer feel. The ball comes off clubfaces with a hollow feel and a ton of control.
Issues I’ve encountered
- Feel: It is a bit too hollow of a feel for faster swing speeds.
- Green Spin: Greenside spin within 100 yards was a bit disappointing and spin direction was tough to control. It does not provide enough spin control for highly-skilled players.
- Durability: For 38 compression, these golf balls are more durable than I thought they would be. That said, they will not last as long or offer as much durability as similar products.
Best shot with this golf ball
My best shot with this golf ball was my longest putt of the year. I was on a multi-tier green with four different breaks and my approach shot was not very good. The alignment aid really helped me hit on my line and make a putt that was over 50 feet.
Value for the money vs. other options
These golf balls offer great value for the money. TaylorMade’s Tour Response Stripe golf balls would offer a firmer feel with a similar alignment aid, but are tailored for those with faster swing speeds.
The Callaway ERC Soft Triple Track golf ball helps golfers aim at their targets easier and is a great practice option for any player. This golf ball is designed for slower swing speeds or golfers looking for the softest feel on the market.