Expert Review: Volcom Men's Arthur Pants
This review is my honest opinion of the pants, which I purchased with my own money in December of 2021.
About this Review: This review is my honest opinion of the pants, which I purchased with my own money in December of 2021.
The Volcom Men’s Arthur pants are good for any level of rider and in any condition. They are loose and comfortable, as well as breathable and waterproof.
About the pants
- Brand: Volcom
- Model: Arthur Longo Pant
- Size Fit: They run true, with a loose fit.
- Height: 5’9”
- Weight: 160lbs
- Pant size: L
- Experience: 16 years of snowboarding
- When I bought these: December 2021
- Days used: 40-50
- Where I’ve used them: Brighton, Woodward Park City, and Timberline.
- Weather conditions used in: All conditions (slush, powder, groomers, backcountry, street, etc.).
How they perform
What I was looking for
I wanted pants that were baggier and had good waterproofing. I ride my pants in all conditions, so comfort and waterproofing are the two most important things.
Why I chose this gear
I chose these pants because they are a Volcom product with great fitment, good waterproofing, and zip tech that connects Volcom jackets to pants to keep snow out. I did not consider buying any other products and was set on getting the Arthurs.
What I love about them
- Fit: The Arthurs are loose/baggy, which is what I want.
- Comfort: Because they fit looser, they are very comfortable, and their flexibility is great.
- Waterproofing: The waterproofing is great on them. I realized they were getting wet after hours of being in the heavy snow.
- Breathability: Breathability is great because of the thinner fabric and leg vents to air out when hot.
- Weight: Very light pants, which are nice for comfort.
- Ease of movement: Because of the looser fit and lightweight, these pants are very easy to move in. The range of motion is great as well as flexible.
- Quality: Very high quality, although they look simple. The Arthurs have pockets, vents, belt loops, zipper vents, and cuffs at the bottom.
- Special Features: These pants have cuffs at the bottom and an inner snow gaiter, which helps keep snow out. There are four pockets, two in the front and two in the back. They also have leg zippers on the inner thighs to open the pants when hot and zip tech, which is compatible with Volcom jackets to keep snow out.
- Durability: These pants are high quality, and the material used is durable for any normal riding conditions, but because of the type of fabric, they can be easily cut through if hit by a sharp object.
Issues I’ve encountered
- Warmth: Because of the lighter material these pants are made out of, they aren’t the warmest. They still have insulation and keep me warm, but wouldn’t be my go-to pants in extremely cold temperatures.
Favorite moment with this gear
I haven’t had any specific moments with these pants that stick out, mainly because I ride them so much. But overall, my time street snowboarding in them was great. They are such convenient pants to get on and off the boot and are super lightweight and comfy. I always feel super relaxed in them, and they help me be comfy while riding.
Value for the money vs. other options
These parts are worth the money, especially with all their features. The Arthurs was one of my top picks for pants, especially because I also purchase Volcom jackets so that I can use the zip tech. They are on the cheaper end of high-quality snow pants that are on the market nowadays. One similar option to this pant would be the Volcom Arthur GORE-TEX Pant, which is essentially the same exact pant but with GORE-TEX, so the waterproofing increases by a drastic measure, but the price increases as well.
Overall, these are a great pair of pants, and they also look super good. In addition, they are comfortable and can be ridden in any condition. They are one of my favorite pairs of pants on the market today and are well worth the money.