Expert Review: Bettinardi 2020 Inovai 6.0 Center Shaft PutterPublished on 03/14/2023 · 4 min readThis review is my honest opinion of the putter, which I purchased with my own money in the summer of 2020.
All photos courtesy of Michael V.
About this Review: This review is my honest opinion of the putter, which I purchased with my own money in the summer of 2020.
The Bettinardi INOVAI 6.0 Center Shaft is a great option for golfers with a straight back and straight-through putting stroke looking for a premium putter that offers exceptional feel and distance control.
About the club I own
- Model: 2020 Bettinardi INOVAI 6.0 Center Shaft Putter
- Shape: Splitback Mallet
- Hosel Neck: Center Shaft
- Balance Point: Face Balanced
- Shaft Length: 35in
- Grip Type: Bettinardi Lamkin Grip
- Average Score: My average score on the course is around 75.
- Handicap: My current Handicap Index is 1.2.
- Experience: I have been playing golf for a decade.
- Right/Left-Handed: Right-Handed
- Stroke Type: Straight Back, straight through, slight arch.
- Golf Ball Used: Bridgestone Tour B XS 2021 and Mizuno RB TOUR X 2022.
- Height: 6’4”
- When I bought the putter: Bought in the summer of 2020.
- Days tested: I have tested the putter at least 40 times on the course.
- Where I’ve used it: I’ve used this putter the most indoors for practice.
- Weather and Wind Conditions: I’ve used this putter in all weather conditions, even snow.
- Green Speed: Played on fast and slow green speeds.
- Grass Type: Used on multiple grass types.
How it performs
What I was looking for
I was searching for the best feeling center shaft mallet on the market. I liked the previous Bettinardi releases. More used to the firmer honeycomb face design. I was extremely surprised by the softer face milling and how much I enjoyed that.
Why I chose this club
I chose this putter to add to my Bettinardi collection. It’s hard to have just one. I did consider other options, such as Cleveland’s new center shaft and older Bettinardi putters.
What I love about it
- Face Feel: Fantastic face feel. The F.I.T. face is a huge standout. Ball rolls with extra top spin offer me more control over my putts. It is a bit harder to feel where the ball is struck on the face.
- Forgiveness: Ultra-forgiving. Speed control is wonderful. The putter keeps the same speed no matter where the ball is struck on the face.
- Weight: Not too heavy of a mallet being a splitback. Most of the weight is towards the front of the face to help with feel.
- Alignment: Very easy to align with the center shaft and mallet design.
- Aesthetic Appeal: One can’t beat the aesthetics of Bettinardi. Even the putter headcovers are rare. Stainless Steel and aluminum look fantastic.
- Grip Feel: Great grip feel. Every component is well thought out. Hole their tack as they age and work well in any weather conditions. Bettinardi has plenty of stock grip choices to choose from.
- Customization: Plenty of customization options with Bettinardi offering “one piece” putters. I can interchange or swap out parts as needed.
Issues I’ve encountered
- Length: Not quite as long as I’d like, but a reshaft would fix that. I have considered shaft upgrades/welded hosels for a longer shaft or more stability.
Best putt or round with this putter
My best round with this putter was at the beginning of the year. My first round-breaking 70 this year was in April, and I could not miss a putt within 10 feet. All of my lag putts gave left me five feet or less. No three putts always lead to a happy day on the course.
Value for the money vs. other options
Bettinardi is not a value company. They are a premium performance company. If someone wants a Bettinardi knockoff, they won’t be hard to find. Every major manufacturer has taken a page out of Bettinardi’s book. I was surprised by how well the new Mizuno OMOI putters roll for around the same price as previous Bettinardi releases.
Bettinadi’s INOVAI 6.0 putter is a great option for golfers that love center shaft putters that need something ultra-reliable for the most important club in the bag. Bettinardi is focused on performance while making beautiful works of art. No other company that I’d trust more for the most important club in the bag.