Expert Review: Bridgestone Tour B RX Golf BallsPublished on 03/14/2023 · 3 min readThis review is my honest opinion of the golf balls, which I purchased with my own money in March of 2022.
Photos courtesy of Jeremy Brown
About this Review: This review is my honest opinion of the golf balls, which I purchased with my own money in March of 2022.
The Bridgestone Tour B RX is the best all-around ball I’ve ever been fit to. I recommend this ball to any player with a swing speed under 105 mph with a driver looking for more distance and low-mid spin.
About the golf ball I own
- Model: 2022 Bridgestone Tour B RX
- Color: White
- Average score: 80
- Handicap: 9
- Experience: 4 years of playing golf
- Right/Left-handed: Right-handed
- Typical shot shape: Fade
- Typical trajectory: Medium
- Club swing speed: 100mph
- When I bought this: March 2022
- Days tested: I played this ball during the 2022 season (March-November).
- Where I’ve used it: Brookledge Golf Club in Akron, Ohio
- Weather and wind conditions: Everything from wind and rain to drought
- Turf conditions: Bent grass and medium rough
- Green speeds: 8-12
How it performs
What I was looking for
I wanted a ball I could trust. Specifically, I wanted to maximize the distance from my swing speed without sacrificing much greenside handling.
Why I chose this golf ball
I bought the Bridgestone Tour B RX because I love the overall balanced performance I get from it. I previously played a Titleist Pro-V1x which gave me a lot of the distance I needed but was a bit too hard, and I lost a lot of spin.
What I love about it
- Distance: The Bridgestone Tour B RX is absolutely the longest ball I’ve ever played. I noticed about a half-club (~5 yards) increase in carry distance with my driver without changing my swing, which can make all the difference when carrying water or stretching to reach a par 5 in 2.
- Feel: This ball is just about the exact midpoint between firm and soft. Feel is good, but this is a distance ball, so that is usually the trade-off.
- Durability: Durability has been excellent with this ball. The cover is very sturdy and survives entire rounds with minimal wear. I’ve played the same ball multiple rounds before (but only when I’m lucky).
- Color: The color is very bright white, almost light blue hues, which stands out against grass even in the rough. Very easy to find.
Issues I’ve encountered
- Green Spin: The Bridgestone Tour B RX has a** **workable greenside spin. However, the spin could be higher around the green, but there is another model made exactly for that reason (Tour B RXS). The Tour B RXS is the ball for these specs if someone wants added spin.
Best shot with this golf ball
My consistent daily progress with the Bridgestone Tour B RX is the real win, but if I had to pick a shot, it would be my first chip-in eagle in a two-man scramble at Good Park Golf Course in Akron, Ohio. Don’t worry. We blew it in the alternate shot portion.
Value for the money vs. other options
The Bridgestone Tour B RX is a premium golf ball. I would most closely compare it to Titleist Pro-V1x or Titleist Tour Speed. Stacked against the best golf balls available anywhere, Tour B RX satisfies the needs of mid-speed golfers of any handicap looking for maximum distance and workable greenside spin. It is an excellent value in a tour-caliber premium ball.
I have made considerable distance gains from switching to the Bridgestone Tour B RX golf ball with no noticeable downside.