Expert Review: Britax Marathon ClickTight Convertible Car Seat SafewashPublished on 03/11/2023 · 4 min readThis review is my honest opinion of the car sear, which I purchased with my own money and used for two years.
My daughter using this amazing car seat. All photos courtesy of Tara M.
About this Review: This review is my honest opinion of the car sear, which I purchased with my own money and used for two years.
The Britax Marathon Clicktight Convertible Car Seat Safewash is ideal for families who switch cars often. The ease of installation does not impact the safety or style of this car seat. It is very easy for me to switch the seat to my parents’ car, knowing my child is safe and secure on their outings.
About the car seat I own
- Model: 2020 Britax Marathon Clicktight Convertible Car Seat Safewash
- Configuration: Rear-facing, forward-facing
- Intended age group: Infants, toddlers/preschoolers
- When I used the product: 2021–2023
- Child’s age range: 2 years (26 months)
- Lifestyle: Suburban
- Frequency of Use: At least 2 times per weekday and various times on weekends
- Vehicle: 2015 Nissan Rogue and 2016 Toyota Tundra
- Compatible products: N/A
How it performs
What I was looking for
I was looking for a car seat that would keep my daughter safe while being easy to move between cars, as I knew my parents and sisters would often be taking care of my daughter. I needed a seat that was able to fit in my Nissan Rogue and was not too bulky.
Why I chose this car seat
I bought this car seat because it checked all of my boxes. The Clicktight’s audible “click” helps me know my daughter is secure and safe. I did consider other options, but ultimately went with the Marathon Clicktight because it is lighter than the other options. It is also very easy to install. It fits nicely in my SUV and is not too bulky compared to other seats I looked at.
What I love about it
- Installation: Installation of this seat is very quick and easy. After twisting the “clicktight” circle, the seat will lift up. There are then two paths for the seatbelt to pass through, depending on rear or forward facing. Once the seatbelt is secure, I simply shut the seat back down until I hear the audible “click.”
- Ease of use: The straps are easy to adjust with an easy-to-access release. They loosen/tighten evenly while remaining straight with no twisting to untangle. The buckle button is also easy to unbuckle.
- Weight: This seat weighs 29.4lbs but is lighter than many other options on the market.
- Design: This seat comes with over 14 different pattern combinations, which do not contain flame-retardant chemicals. These covers are also easy to remove and easy to wash, which is a plus when dealing with young kids.
- Quality & Durability: We have switched this car seat over 100 times between different cars, and it is still in great shape. It still works the same as the day we first installed it. The high-strength steel frame is very durable.
- Ease of Cleaning: The cover is very easy to remove and easy to wash. The safewash fabric is machine washable and dryer friendly.
- Aesthetics: I really like that this car seat is big enough to keep my daughter safe but not too bulky. I like that it looks simple and clean, but there are many patterns to choose from to show off one’s personality (including a cow print pattern).
- Other: This seat has been a lifesaver when I have been running late, as moms usually can be in the mornings, and I have had to drop my daughter off at my parents' place while her daycare was closed. The ease of installation of this seat has allowed me to switch vehicles within minutes and without struggle.
Issues I’ve encountered
- Versatility: This convertible seat does only work as rear-facing and forward-facing, so an additional booster seat would have to be purchased once the child is ready to transition.
Value for the money vs. other options
The price point of this car seat is a very great value for the money. The ease of installation and washing the seat cover, on top of the clicktight grip on the seatbelt, is worth it. A similar option is the Britax Allegiance Convertible Car Seat, which is similarly priced but does not have the same Clicktight feature or ease of installation as this seat.
The Britax Marathon Clicktight Car Seat Safewash is a perfect fit for anyone looking for easy installation, secure safety, and great appeal without spending top dollar.