Expert Review: Bridgestone 2022 Tour B X Golf BallsPublished on 03/24/2023 · 4 min readThis review is my honest opinion of the golf balls, which I purchased with my own money and used from May through July of 2022.
All photos by Christopher Thompson
About this Review: This review is my honest opinion of the golf balls, which I purchased with my own money and used from May through July of 2022.
The 2022 Bridgestone Tour B X Golf Ball is one of the best distance and durability combined golf balls on the top of the market. The high price level will cater to more advanced and serious golfers, although anybody can use this ball.
About the golf ball I own
- Model: 2022 Bridgestone Tour B X Golf Ball
- Color: White
- Average score: 72-79
- Handicap: 2
- Experience: 8 years of golf
- Right/Left-handed: Left-Handed
- Typical shot shape: Fade
- Typical trajectory: High
- Club swing speed: 115 (driver)
- When I bought this: May-July 2022
- Days tested: 3+ boxes of balls over three months
- Where I’ve used it: Various golf courses, practice greens, and chipping areas
- Weather and wind conditions: All. Rain, dry, windy, calm, etc.
- Turf conditions: Bent Grass
- Green speeds: 9
How they perform
What I was looking for
I wanted a firm golf ball that would maximize distance. Another key factor was that it would be very durable and able to survive a whole round of 18 holes if needed.
Why I chose this golf ball
I chose the Bridgestone Tour B X because I had already used the TaylorMade TP5X and the Titleist ProV1X but struggled with their durability. My friend had told me that the Bridgestone ball was very durable, so buying a box seemed like an easy decision.
What I love about it
- Distance: The Tour B X version is the firmest and most distance-oriented golf ball made by Bridgestone. I notice that the distance I see off of the tee with my driver competes very closely with comparable balls from top brands like TaylorMade and Titleist. When making the transition from a spin ball to a distance ball, I noticed consistent distance gains of almost 10 yards off the tee.
- Durability: The durability of the Bridgestone Tour B X golf ball stands out to me. I believe this Bridgestone ball is or is close to the most durable ball on the market. Once I started using it, I noticed the ball would last me an entire nine-hole stretch, even 18 holes, if I did not lose it. It is important to me that my golf ball is durable to survive getting blasted into trees off the tee. The durability is why I decided to buy a few more boxes.
- Color: I use these golf balls in a standard white color. I find the look of colored or patterned balls very distracting sometimes. However, the white finish is no harder to find than any other ball.
Issues I’ve encountered
- Feel: If someone wants to use the Bridgestone Tour B X golf ball, they should be someone who does not mind a firmer feel. On the other hand, if they prefer a more responsive feel, then consider a softer, more spin-oriented ball.
- Green Spin: Given that this golf ball focuses on distance, the spin rate is not a primary focus. Bridgestone has maintained a very impressive spin rate production from this golf ball. I have been able to manage spin very well with iron approach shots from the fairway. However, I have noticed a slightly inconsistent green spin from chip shots in the rough around the green, but nothing more noticeable than other firm golf balls.
Best shot with this golf ball
One of my favorite shots with this ball was when I hit one of my best driver to hybrid combinations on a par 5. I drove the fairway and hit the green taking on over 530 yards in just two shots proving the distance this ball provides. I was able to sink the putt to make my first eagle at this course.
Value for the money vs. other options
Compared to other top-of-the-line golf balls, the price of the Bridgestone Tour B X ball is very similar. All the top balls are around the $50 level without personalization. A similar golf ball in price and attributes is the TaylorMade TP5X and Titleist ProV1X. I think the value of the Bridgestone Tour B X ball is very good. However, it is not the best option if someone is looking for an affordable ball because they will find it at the highest price. Cheaper balls are a great way to save money on the course.
Low-handicap players who are looking for a high-level golf ball without price restrictions should consider the Bridgestone Tour B X ball as an option. This ball unlocks max distance off the tee and incredible durability. Someone who struggles getting to spin their approach or wedge shots should consider a softer ball that will help them in that area.