Review: K2 Gateway Pop Snowboard · 2024Published on 06/20/2023 · 3 min readThis review is my own honest opinion of the snowboard, which I tested in March 2023. I am not sponsored by K2.
The Curated Take
The K2 Gateway Pop is ideal for intermediate riders seeking a board designed for freeriding and groomer carving. With its camber profile, narrow build, and hybrid profile, this snowboard provides excellent edge hold, pop, and turn initiation. Though not ideal for heavy powder days or park and freestyle riding, it offers durability and stability at high speeds, making it a great choice for those looking to progress their skills or advanced riders looking for a budget-friendly option.
- Camber profile allows for a locked in edge feel ideal for carving and control
- Loaded like a spring ready to give the rider an extra boost when getting air
- Mid flex, stable board that can be ridden at high speeds and handle some hard charging
- I had to work to get the K2 Gateway Pop to press and butter down the mountain
- Width on the Gateway Pop is more narrow compared to some other similar boards, which leads to some toe and heel drag
- Riding at slower speeds can feel a bit catchy and hard to maneuver