Expert Review: Bridgestone 2022 Tour B RXS Golf BallsPublished on 05/19/2023 · 4 min readThis review is my honest opinion of the golf balls, which I purchased with my own money in April of 2023.
All photos by Jonathan Belanger
About the Review: This review is my honest opinion of the golf balls, which I purchased with my own money in April of 2023.
The Bridgestone 2022 Tour B RXS Golf Balls are a great fit for the average player looking to get more spin on their shots. This tour-quality ball comes in at a lower price and does everything well. There’s really not much to be unhappy about with this ball.
About the golf ball I own
- Model: 2022 Bridgestone Tour B RXS
- Color: White
- Average score: 94
- Handicap: 21
- Experience: 4 years of playing golf
- Right/Left-handed: Right-handed
- Typical shot shape: Fade
- Typical trajectory: Medium
- Club swing speed: 115mph
- When I bought this: April 2023
- Days tested: 5
- Where I’ve used it: Paschal GC, Golden Bear Club at Indigo Run
- Weather and wind conditions: Warm and sunny with a breeze
- Turf conditions: Normal, not super soft or firm
- Green speeds: Fast
How it performs
What I was looking for
I wanted a ball that performs well but also feel good off the face. I also wanted a ball with enough spin around the green to let me hit any shot I wanted.
Why I chose this golf ball
I chose this golf ball for a few reasons. After doing some research, I found that some players on the Champions Tour play the RXS. In addition, they are sold in dozen, 36, and three-ball packs which I found convenient. It allows someone to try them out and get a larger quantity at a better price if they like them. Lastly, the RXS spins more than the RX, according to Bridgestone, which is one of my main objectives in looking for a new ball to play.
What I love about it
- Feel: I love the feel of the RXS. It’s a softer ball that feels great off the face but not too mushy.
- Green Spin: The spin around the greens is perfect. I can play any shot I want around the green, and it performs wonderfully.
- Durability: Hitting a few shots from the bunker hasn’t scuffed the ball at all. I am impressed by the durability of the cover.
- Color: The finish is more glossy, which I find easier to find on the ground, especially in shaded areas.
- Other: Even when I play in the wind, I notice the ball doesn’t toss around as much as the Maxfli Tour X I’ve been gaming for the past few months.
Issues I’ve encountered
- Distance: For a faster swing speed player, other golf balls go further, such as a ChromeSoft X LS. Because this golf ball is designed to spin more, that may reduce the distance for golfers. For a softer golf ball, I don’t notice any loss in distance. My full-swing shots with irons and driver carry the right distances.
Best shot with this golf ball
My best shot with this ball was a very long putt. I was in Hilton Head for a wedding and had time to play a round there. It was my first time playing in Hilton Head, and I made sure to get the most out of the experience. I showed up with plenty of time to warm up and hit shots. After getting prepared, I get to the tee of the first hole and start my round. I hit an okay tee shot and followed it up with a shot short of the green. A quick little chip that I duffed left the ball well short of the hole. Left with a 25-foot putt for par, I take my time reading the putt and going through my routine. I line up the putt, take a nice solid stroke, and watch as the ball goes end over end until it slowly falls into the hole.
Value for the money vs. other options
These are the best golf balls for $45 a dozen on the market. They feel great, perform great, give lots of spin around the green, and there’s no sacrifice in distance, at least not noticeable to a 20-handicapper like myself. If one doesn’t hit 160+mph ball speeds, this is a golf ball to look at. Bridgestone's X and XS balls may be better if someone goes over that.
This golf ball is a game-changer. It gives tour quality performance for amateurs like myself and doesn’t break the bank. There’s nothing I would change about it. I love it.