Review: Mizuno JPX923 Hot Metal IronsPublished on 06/28/2023 · 3 min readCurated Golf Experts share their experience with using the Mizuno JPX923 Hot Metal Irons. Note that experts are not sponsored by any brands; these are their honest opinions.
The Curated Take
The Mizuno JPX923 Hot Metal Irons are designed for mid to high handicap golfers seeking forgiving irons to hit longer, straighter shots. These irons feature a cast design that provides decent feel, and are capable of generating good launch for easier, high ball flight. Although their distance performance may not exceed some expectations, they offer substantial forgiveness on mishits. Additionally, their all-metal finish presents an attractive aesthetic. They offer great value with features like free customizations and competitive pricing.
- Great amount of forgiveness
- Very easy to launch
- Great spin for a game improvement iron
- Good blend of distance and control
- Attractive look at address
- Strong lofts, which might cause larger gaps between each iron
- Super high launch, which might not appeal to the golfer who needs to keep ball flight down
- Some not impressed by the distance even with the stronger lofts
- Not the most forgiving play distance irons
- Does not work well for shaping shots
- Slightly thicker sole