Review: Mizuno ST-Z 230 Fairway WoodPublished on 06/30/2023 · 3 min readCurated Golf Expert Kyle Emery shares his experience with using the Mizuno ST-Z 230 Fairway Wood. Note that Kyle is not sponsored by any brands; these are his honest opinions.
The Curated Take
The Mizuno ST-Z 230 fairway wood is ideal for low to high-handicap golfers seeking versatility and performance. With the CORTECH Chamber that boosts ball speeds and lowers spin rates, it offers excellent distance, forgiveness, and consistency. Its unique design allows for various shot shapes, while maintaining a crisp sound and feel. The club's balanced weighting enables high-launching shots, and its overall forgiveness can help improve mishit shots. Its competitive pricing further enhances appeal.
- Extremely forgiving across the face.
- Consistent ball flight.
- High launching with low spin.
- Best for players seeking point and shoot simplicity.
- Fully adjustable hosel for customization.
- Sleek and modern look.
- Firmer feel compared to the ST-X.
- Not the best option for correcting a slice.