Review: Völkl Revolt 96 Skis · 2024Published on 07/15/2023 · 3 min readCurated Ski Expert Jake Renner shares his experience with using the 2024 Völkl Revolt 96 Skis. Note that experts are not sponsored by any brands; these are their honest opinions.
The Curated Take
The Volkl Revolt 96 skis are ideal for freestyle skiers seeking stability, carving performance, and durability in various terrains. The ski's 96mm underfoot width, camber underfoot, and medium-length turn radius enable controlled carving and easy turns. The full tip and tail rocker and authoritative edge hold assure high-speed stability. The Revolt 96 is playful with a medium to firm flex rating and pop. It offers significant durability with a full-edge wrap and improved minicap sidewall. It's an affordable, versatile, and durable ski for freestyle skiers, although not suited for deep powder conditions.
- Pop underfoot due to the camber and the relatively firm flex rating result in a great ski for jumping
- Full tip/tail rocker allows for a playful ride and ease in skiing switch
- Continual edge wrap in the nose and tail, along with the improved sidewall design, allows this ski to last longer than other twin-tipped skis
- A little bit of movement in the nose/tail at high speed when flat on hardpacked terrain
- 96mm underfoot does not provide the float needed on a powder day of more than 6-9" of fresh snow