Review: Faction Prodigy 2 Skis · 2024Published on 08/01/2023 · 3 min readCurated Ski Expert Jake Renner shares his experience with using the 2024 Faction Prodigy 2 Skis. Note that experts are not sponsored by any brands; these are their honest opinions.
The Curated Take
The Faction Prodigy 2.0 is ideal for intermediate to advanced skiers who value freestyle and all-mountain versatility. Its 98mm waist, full tip and tail rocker, and twin-tip design ensure easy maneuvering, carving, and moderate powder performance. With a poplar and beech wood core construction, it offers both lightweight agility and stability at high speeds. This, along with a 2.5mm edge, adds to its durability. However, for deep powder (>9-12"), a wider ski like the Prodigy 3.0 is recommended.
- 98mm underfoot provides a versatile ride and perfect daily driver for venturing all over the mountain
- Fully rockered tip and tail provides a playful ride to jump, carve, slash and slide
- Camber underfoot provides pop for jumps
- 98mm underfoot doesn't provide enough float for skiing in fresh snow deeper than 10"
- Edging is not continually wrapped in nose/tail