Review: 686 Men's Smarty 3-In-1 Form 2L Insulated JacketPublished on 07/18/2023 · 3 min readCurated Ski Expert Leo C. shares their experience with using the 686 Men's Smarty 3-In-1 Form 2L Insulated Jacket. Note that experts are not sponsored by any brands; these are their honest opinions.
The Curated Take
The 686 Men's Smarty 3-In-1 Form 2L Insulated Jacket is suitable for individuals who need versatile, comfortable, and durable winter gear, especially for skiing. It offers a high breathability rating of 15k, a 20k waterproofing rating, and a relaxed fit. While the inner synthetic down layer may lack breathability, the shell layer provides excellent temperature regulation. This jacket maintains its durability even with daily rugged use. Its various features like a multitude of pockets, mesh lined vents, and glove hooks add significant value, making it a well-rounded choice for various winter conditions.
- Great value offering 2 separate jackets with the 3 in 1 design
- Excellent details such as pockets, glove hooks, mesh lined vents, and powder skirt
- Fabric is rugged and durable, with a very high waterproof rating of 20k
- The inner layer isn't the most breathable and is more comfortable worn on its own
- Baggy fit for the size makes it not a great choice for all
- The shell may actually be too heavy for some