Review: Norrona Men's Lofoten GORE-TEX PantsPublished on 07/19/2023 · 3 min readCurated Ski Expert Luke Hinz shares his experience with using the Norrona Men's Lofoten GORE-TEX Pants. Note that experts are not sponsored by any brands; these are their honest opinions.
The Curated Take
The Norrona Lofoten GORE-TEX pants are ideal for skiers braving harsh weather, providing robust waterproofing and breathability due to their 3-Layer GORE-TEX material. Despite compromised movement and comfort due to its rigidity, the baggier fit aids mobility. They lack insulation but efficiently trap body heat, which is ideal for active pursuits. Notable for their durability, they've had issues with zipper durability. With a high price tag, they offer value by delivering high-performance protection in challenging environments. While suited for backcountry touring, their lack of insulation could be a drawback in colder, stationary situations.
- Burly 3-Layer GORE-TEX pant wards off even the wettest weather
- Being simply a shell, is a great option for a backcountry/touring pant
- Articulated knees and a baggier fit make for a very comfy and roomy feel, allowing lots of movement
- Zero insulation, so does not provide a lot of warmth
- Zippers on the front leg can break with repeated use
- Being a full GORE-TEX pant, can capture a fair amount of moisture inside