Review: Line Chronic 101 Skis · 2024Published on 07/18/2023 · 3 min readCurated Ski Expert Jake Renner shares his experience with using the 2024 Line Chronic 101 Skis. Note that experts are not sponsored by any brands; these are their honest opinions.
The Curated Take
The Chronic 101 skis are versatile and playful, suitable for freestyle and all-mountain skiers. Their 101mm underfoot and full tip/tail rocker offer flotation in powder, and a lively ride with a firm flex rating provides stability at high speeds. A camber underfoot ensures edge hold and carving, making them excellent for diverse terrains and conditions. However, the thin tip/tail tech may compromise their durability. These skis are ideal for those seeking a blend of fun and performance, despite potential longevity issues.
- Light swing weight allows for ease of spinning and turn initiation
- Full tip and tail rocker plus a 101mm underfoot provides decent float in ungroomed terrain and ease of pivoting motion
- Playful flex rating with a touch of camber underfoot provides pop and edge hold
- Thin tip and tail tech may cause durability issues with regard to delamination
- Softer flex rating creates a bit of movement in the nose at high speeds and on hardpacked snow