Review: Black Crows Camox Skis · 2023Published on 07/19/2023 · 3 min readCurated Ski Expert Luke Hinz shares his experience using the 2023 Black Crows Camox Skis. Note that experts are not sponsored by any brands; these are their honest opinions.
The Curated Take
The 2023 Black Crows Camox is an all-mountain ski suitable for intermediates to expert skiers. The ski has a mid-fat 97mm waist with a double rocker design, providing adequate float for powder days while ensuring a good grip on groomers. Despite not being a dedicated powder or speed ski, it can carve and handle speed. It is quite playful due to its forgiving flex and lightweight poplar and carbon construction. It is versatile, easy to turn, durable, and fun to ski on varied terrains. Although its topsheet durability is questionable, it offers good value for money regarding versatility and approachability.
- Fun and playful ski
- Goldilocks flex pattern: not too stiff or soft
- With its twin-tip design and 97mm waist, can hit the whole mountain and park
- With no metal in the construction, can chatter at very high speeds
- Can carve fine at medium speeds, but can't be pushed aggressively
- A bit too stiff to be a true freestyle ski