Review: Salomon QST 98 Skis · 2023Published on 07/19/2023 · 3 min readCurated Ski Experts share their experience with using the 2023 Salomon QST 98 Skis. Note that experts are not sponsored by any brands; these are their honest opinions.
The Curated Take
The Salomon QST 98 Skis are excellent for advanced skiers seeking an all-terrain, all-conditions solution. They offer superior floatation for powder runs, stable high-speed performance thanks to a carbon and flax woven core, and easy turn initiation due to a progressive rocker. The skis are also playful and durable, with enhanced edge durability from a titanal insert. These skis excel at carving, albeit not in the same league as dedicated carving skis, making them a versatile choice for those wanting a single, all-rounder pair of skis.
- Offers very impressive flotation and stands at the top of the pack for the 100 underfoot category
- Gives a really nice balance of playfulness, carving ability, and stability at speed
- Great flex
- Feels really nice and stable in rough terrain
- Ideal one-ski quiver for intermediates up to experts in the West
- Not a ski for beginners
- Not designed for the terrain park outside of a few basic jumps
- Not ideal for primarily icy conditions
- Doesn't feel at home on groomers