Review: MSR Pocketrocket Stove KitPublished on 07/21/2023 · 3 min readCurated Camping & Hiking Experts share their experience with using the MSR Pocketrocket Stove Kit. Note that experts are not sponsored by any brands; these are their honest opinions.
The Curated Take
The MSR Pocketrocket Stove Kit is excellent for backpackers prioritizing lightweight gear and fuel efficiency. It's ultralight and compact, and boils water in just over three minutes, making it ideal for backcountry meals that require boiling water. The kit includes a simple, well-designed pot and utensils. Despite its small cooking surface area, it's perfect for simple meals, though not as suitable for larger groups. Known for its durability and ease of use, this stove offers a comprehensive solution for outdoor cooking.
- Inexpensive, but still remains lightweight
- Fast boil time (one liter of water in under four minutes)
- Included foldable sporks are a great utensil to carry in the backcountry
- The full kit might be overkill in some scenarios
- Overtightening the stove to a propane container may break it