Review: Nidecker Supermatic Snowboard Bindings · 2024Published on 07/21/2023 · 3 min readCurated Snowboard Expert Mike French shares his experience with using the 2024 Nidecker Supermatic Snowboard Bindings. Note that experts are not sponsored by any brands; these are their honest opinions.
The Curated Take
The Nidecker Supermatic snowboard bindings offer responsive and comfortable performance for snowboarders of any skill level, with the adaptability to fit nearly any boot. The bindings, while heavier than alternatives, provide high durability, shock absorption, and the convenience of a step-in and strap-on system, perfect for terrain diversity. This adjustability, along with the added security of the active strap technology, makes it perfect for those who prioritize versatile functionality and comfort, despite limited movement of straps to different positions. Be prepared for some instances of loosening screws, though the issue is being addressed by the manufacturer.
- Compatible with most boots on the market today.
- Quick in and out ease of use—hop off the lift, slide in, and ride away.
- Use as a traditional two-strap binding for strapping in on steep terrain or deep snow.
- Heavier than a traditional binding.
- Movement required to easily engage the bindings takes some practice and getting used to.
- Ratchets and ladders can be difficult to engage when using a traditional two-strap binding.