Review: Srixon Z-Star XV7 Limited Edition 24 Pack Golf BallsPublished on 07/21/2023 · 3 min readCurated Golf Experts share their experience with using the Srixon Z-Star XV7 Limited Edition Golf Balls. Note that experts are not sponsored by any brands; these are their honest opinions.
The Curated Take
The Srixon Z-Star XV golf ball is excellent for golfers looking for a high-quality, performance ball at a reasonable price. It features a stamped alignment aid for lining up putts without marking the ball, impressive spin control, and a durable cover that resists scuffing. While its feel is slightly harder, it promotes better striking. Despite its lesser spin on greenside chips, it achieves great distance and precision, which is particularly beneficial for golfers with a strategic approach to their game.
- Strong height and distance on iron shots
- Long carry, low spin on driver
- Distance off the tee is great for swing speeds over 105mph
- Excellent spin; crisp wedge shots with this ball will hop and stop on the green
- Ball is very durable; it's not cut up or scuffed by the end of the round
- Tends to be high ball flight on all shots
- May notice a slight drop in workability if used to high-performance balls
- May add half a club in distance on iron shots, may need to adjust
- Not as good in the wind as other balls
- Has a hard feel, so it makes a "clicking" sound on contact, which takes some getting used to