Review: Völkl Kendo 88 Skis · 2023Published on 07/21/2023 · 3 min readCurated Ski Expert Jake Renner shares his experience with using the 2023 Völkl Kendo 88 Skis. Note that experts are not sponsored by any brands; these are their honest opinions.
The Curated Take
The Volkl Kendo 88 skis excel on groomed runs and hardpacked snow, ideal for skiers who value high-speed stability and precise carving. The 88mm waist width, 3D turn radius, and titanal metal core provide a versatile, stable ride with intuitive turn initiation. The skis' solid construction ensures durability over multiple seasons. However, they may struggle in deep powder or ungroomed terrain due to their underfoot width and limited rocker.
- The 3D turn radius allows this ski to offer a multitude of turns–short and quick or hip to hip–across the trail
- Ultimately damp at higher speeds and holds its edge with authority even on ice and hardpacked snow
- The solid build has this ski holding up for multiple seasons regardless of how hard they are skied
- At 88mm underfoot, it does not offer enough float for fresh powder days
- An extremely firm flex rating creates stability but sacrifices forgiveness and playfulness