Review: Ascaso Steel UNO Espresso MachinePublished on 07/25/2023 · 3 min readCurated Coffee & Espresso Experts share their experience with using the Ascaso Steel UNO Espresso Machine. Note that experts are not sponsored by any brands; these are their honest opinions.
The Curated Take
The Ascaso Steel UNO Espresso Machine is ideal for coffee lovers seeking high-quality, quick, and easy coffee brewing. It features a fast heat-up time and adjustable settings like PID temperature control, programmable single and double shots, and a powerful steam wand for frothing milk. Although its single boiler design means it can't simultaneously steam milk and pull shots, its professional-grade features, versatility with grind sizes, and performance make it a valuable addition to any home barista's arsenal.
- Heats up fast (about three minutes) for quick use
- Good construction quality and durability
- PID temperature control to set the temperature in one-degree increments
- Built-in clock is great for dialing in shots
- Does not allow for steaming and pulling shots simultaneously
- Wooden handle on the portafilter feels too light
- Water reservoir is pretty small and needs refilled often if used for more than two people