Review: Faction Mana 3X Skis · Women's · 2023Published on 07/27/2023 · 3 min readCurated Ski Expert Leo C. shares their experience with using the 2023 Faction Mana 3X Women's Skis. Note that experts are not sponsored by any brands; these are their honest opinions.
The Curated Take
Optimized for fresh powder, the Mana 3X is a versatile ski designed for intermediate to expert skiers. Its rockered tips and tails make turn initiation easy. At the same time, the 112mm waist width provides stability at high speeds. Despite being primarily a powder ski, it possesses all-mountain versatility with a freestyle-first personality, making it capable of navigating moguls, trees, and jumps. With a carbon and rubber core for dampening and springiness, the Mana 3X ensures both performance and durability, offering excellent value for money to skiers seeking a reliable and fun ride in varied conditions.
- Excellent flotation in deep powder with its 112mm waist width
- Surprisingly versatile in spite of its more powder-oriented focus
- Really playful in personality but still has enough backbone underfoot to feel stable
- Not made for carving
- Not versatile enough to be considered a one-ski quiver
- Too wide for the East Coast and Midwest