Review: Blizzard Black Pearl 88 Skis · Women's · 2024Published on 07/27/2023 · 3 min readCurated Ski Experts share their experience with using the 2024 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 Skis. Note that experts are not sponsored by any brands; these are their honest opinions.
The Curated Take
The Blizzard Black Pearl 88 Skis, built with modern technology, such as a rockered tip and carbon flip core, are a major upgrade for those transitioning from rentals or older skis. Suitable for intermediates to experts, they excel in stability, carving, and versatility across a variety of terrains and conditions, although deep powder limits their performance. Known for their longevity, these skis can last 10-15 years with good care. This classic all-mountain ski's high performance and approachability offer excellent value for money. Ideal for those wanting to push their skiing skills while ensuring durability and versatility.
- Versatile to intermediate, advanced, and expert skiers
- Easy turn initiation, great high-speed stability, and excellent carving properties
- Great long-term durability, reliability, and performance for East to West skiing
- Stable on groomers
- Day-glow bases are a fun feature
- Very traditional style that's not particularly playful or freestyle-oriented
- 88mm waist width has limited flotation and will find its limit around 4-6" of snow
- Heavier and more powerful skiers will want more backbone
- Will be overpowered by an expert skier
- Frontside-oriented, so not strong off-piste