Review: Völkl Mantra 102 Skis · 2024Published on 07/27/2023 · 3 min readCurated Ski Expert Jake Renner shares his experience with using the 2024 Völkl Mantra 102 Skis. Note that experts are not sponsored by any brands; these are their honest opinions.
The Curated Take
The Volkl Mantra 102 Skis are ideal for advanced to expert skiers seeking versatility and stability at high speeds. With a 102mm waist width, these skis perform exceptionally in varied conditions, offering improved flotation in powder and firm grip on groomed runs. The firm flex rating and metal reinforcement enhance durability, while the 19m turn radius and 3D turn radius tech enhance carving at high speeds. They do require more effort for turn initiation and aren't recommended for playful skiing or for beginners.
- Holds its edge with authority on hardpack and performs well in a variety of snow conditions
- At 102mm underfoot, keeps afloat in a bit of fresh snow and plows through the choppy snow with ease
- Firm flex rating and a bit of metal in the core help keep this ski damp, smooth, and stable at higher speeds
- Not the most playful ski; extremely firm flex rating not ideal for jumping or freestyle skiing
- Requires speed in order to get up on edge and transition from side to side while carving
- Weighs a bit more and has a relatively longer turn radius