Review: Smith Nexus MIPS HelmetPublished on 08/18/2023 · 3 min readCurated Winter Sports Experts share their experience with using the Smith Nexus MIPS Helmet. Note that experts are not sponsored by any brands; these are their honest opinions.
The Curated Take
The Smith Nexus helmet, equipped with advanced MIPS technology and additional safety features, is excellent for skiers prioritizing head protection. The helmet is incredibly lightweight, providing comfort without compromising durability. The BOA 360° fit system and a classic chin strap offer easy adjustability, even with gloves on. Ventilation might not suffice for those running warm, but it keeps the head cool on hot days. The helmet's waterproof feature ensures a dry experience during snowy or rainy weather. While pricier than other options, its advanced protection justifies the investment.
- MIPS technology offers top-tier safety
- Easy vent adjustability
- Comfortable, padded interior for all-day wear
- Two separate ventilation adjustments and easy connecting magnetic chin strap (Fidlock)
- Durable lightweight shell and shock-absorbing lining (Koroyd)
- Vents are not fully removable, might be too hot for those who run warm
- Too heavy for touring
- Doesn't work as well with a hood as other helmets