Expert Review: Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 Spud Neck PutterPublished on 08/12/2023 · 4 min read This review is my honest opinion of the putter, which I purchased with my own money in December of 2021 and again in July of 2023.
All photos courtesy of Michael V.
About this Review: This review is my honest opinion of the putter, which I purchased with my own money in December of 2021 and again in July of 2023.
The Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 Spud Neck Putter is a great option for golfers wanting extreme forgiveness without sacrificing feel and accuracy. It’s geared toward all skill levels. I would recommend this club to any golfer wanting a premium putter that offers consistent distances on their putts.
About the club I tested
- Model: 2021 Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 Spud Neck
- Shape: Splitback Mallet
- Hosel Neck: Spud
- Shaft Length: 35”
- Grip Type: Bettinardi
- Face Finish: F.I.T. face
- Average Score: 75
- Handicap: 1.5
- Experience: Playing golf for a decade
- Right/Left-Handed: Right-Handed
- Stroke Type: Straight back, straight through
- Golf Ball Used: Bridgestone Tour B XS
- Height: 6’4”
- When I bought the putter: July 2023, December 2021
- Days tested: Over seven times indoors and outdoors.
- Where I’ve used it: Used at demo days and at my country club.
- Weather and Wind Conditions: Used in fair weather and indoors.
- Green Speed: Faster green speeds
How it performs
What I was looking for
I have been tinkering with putters, especially Bettinardi, as they are my favorite putter brand. I was looking for a mallet that wasn’t too heavy and smaller in profile, with a softer face feel. The F.I.T face is one that I am very familiar with and prefer.
Why I chose to test this club
I chose to test the Inovai 6.0 because of Bettinardi’s reputation and because I have really enjoyed their previous releases. I am considering putting this putter on my shelf because of the feel, look, and consistency and because I enjoy collecting putters. Every Bettinardi is a work of art; I almost feel bad for using it on the course. After testing, I decided I really liked EVNROLL’s new ERZero putter. It’s very similar in feel with an advanced design as well. I would play the ERZero out on the course before the Bettinardi for performance-based purposes.
What I love about it
- Face Feel: It has an immaculate face feel and is the best on the market. The Inovai 6.0 generates topspin naturally and is very soft without being muted.
- Forgiveness: I find that I’m getting a blade feel in a larger putter. There are more forgiving putters, but none feel perfectly weighted like this. The Inovai’s lighter aluminum body gets a larger profile without being too heavy.
- Weight: The putter is not too heavy or light; it’s perfectly weighted.
- Alignment: It’s very easy to align / aim. The split-back mallet looks great at address, and is appealing to the eye and confidence-inspiring.
- Aesthetic Appeal: Absolute artwork from Robert Bettinardi, as usual. No glare, premium face milling, black aluminum – I find every detail to be fantastic.
- Feel: It feels like the Inovai 6.0 putter does the work. I am able to have a lighter grip and feel out the putting stroke. The ball comes off the clubface extremely soft. It’s hard to describe, but it is my favorite feel on the market for putter faces.
- Balance: Excellent balance, the putter does the work without being too heavy.
Issues I’ve encountered
- Other: The Inovai 6.0 isn’t a limited edition. Bettinardi has limited edition putter releases that offer the next step in premium looks, feel, and performance.
Best Putt or Round with this Putter
My first putt was a pleasant surprise. I lined up my putt and was happy with how the putter looked. I let the Inovai 6.0 putter do the work and easily made a 20ft putt.
Admittedly, my favorite putt with any Bettinardi is the first putt. I am always surprised and impressed. I feel confident and happy with every putt and stroke.
Value for the money vs. other options
The Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 offers exceptional value as a top-performing option for all golfers. Priced at about $399, a few putters run pricier, such as Scotty Cameron’s Phantom X series.
I recommend the Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 to any golfer wanting a premium putter with extreme forgiveness and an exceptional feel. The spud neck is a great choice for golfers with an abbreviated finish with their putts. This softer-feeling mallet will generate a ton of topspin, allowing golfers to lag their putts nicely.