Review: Fellow Ode Brew GrinderPublished on 09/26/2023 · 3 min readCurated Expert, Andrea D., has tested this product to give you their unbiased, definitive take.
The Curated Take
The Fellow Ode Brew Grinder is ideal for home baristas, from beginners to professionals. It is designed primarily for brewed coffee and boasts technical features like 64mm flat burrs for consistent grinds and minimal fines. It offers almost zero retention, ensuring dose consistency, and its built mirrors commercial grinders, emphasizing durability. Easy to clean with accessible burrs, the Ode ensures clarity in coffee cups and can accommodate various brew methods. However, it might not be best for espresso and can be slightly noisy. Despite these minor drawbacks, its quality-to-price ratio makes it a valuable addition to any coffee enthusiast's toolkit.
- Consistency in grind size
- Dose consistency and zero retention
- Easy to clean and calibrate
- Nicely made grinder that feels durable and reliable
- Can be a little loud
- Doesn't do great for espresso; primarily a brew grinder
- Can be a little messy when grinding for cold brew
- Model: Fellow Ode Brew Grinder
- When I purchased this: 2021
- Where I have used it: I have been using it exclusively for brewed coffee/cold brew, with all different roast profiles.
- How many times I've used it: 500