Last updated: September 17, 2021
- What personal information about customers does Curated.com gather?
- What about cookies?
- Does Curated.com share the information it receives?
- How secure is information about me?
- What about third-party advertisers and links to other websites?
- Which information can I access?
- What choices do I have?
- Are children allowed to use Curated.com?
- Conditions of use, notices, and revisions
- Examples of information collected
- How do I contact Curated.com?
What personal information about customers does Curated.com gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your Curated.com experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us, including via the use of third party recording services. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Curated.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Curated.com on other Web sites.
- Mobile: When you download or use apps created by Curated.com or our subsidiaries, we may receive information either directly or through the use of third party services, including your name, location, carrier, your mobile device and other information, further including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Curated.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your account settings or contact us for assistance.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What about cookies?
Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features such as personalized advertisements on other Web sites, and storage of items in your account between visits.
Does Curated.com share the information it receives?
Information about our customers and sellers is an important part of our business. We share customer and seller information, including as described below and with subsidiaries that Curated.com controls, if any, that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions for which they have been engaged by Curated. For the avoidance of doubt, data obtained through the short code program will not be shared with any third-parties for their marketing reasons/purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Curated.com customers on behalf of other businesses, and we will use technology to provide indicators to customers and/or third parties regarding buying preferences, selling preferences and other information. When we do this, we do not give that third party business your name and address, but we cannot guarantee such recipients will not use the information provided to attempt to locate your name and address, and we cannot be held responsible for such usage. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your account settings or contact us for assistance.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Curated.com, Inc., or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Curated.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Curated.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you might on occasion, at Curated.com’s sole discretion other than as required by applicable law, receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How secure is information about me?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using PCI-compliant, third party payment processors. All the payment information you enter is securely transmitted to such processors; as a result, depending on the payment method that you elect, Curated.com either receives none of this information or only some basic non-sensitive information.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your Curated.com account, password and your computer. Be sure to sign off of your Curated.com account when finished using a shared computer.
What about third-party advertisers and links to other websites?
Our site includes third-party advertising and links to other Web sites.
Which information can I access?
Curated.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Curated.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. Curated.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your account for non-use, mis-use or any other reason.
What choices do I have?
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information about yourself, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of certain Curated.com features.
You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the “Which Information Can I Access?” section. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your account settings or contact us for assistance. If you do not want to receive our Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Curated.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.
You may request at any time that we delete information that we have about you. If you would like to request deletion of your information, please contact us as described below. We will process your request in the time and manner required by law. To protect your privacy, we may take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request, such as by asking you to log into your Curated.com account or to confirm your email or mailing address. Your right to request deletion of data may be limited in some circumstances, for example if fulfilling your request would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to your request.
If you wish to designate an authorized agent to make a privacy request for you, please email us from the email address associated with your Curated.com account and inform us of this designation, along with the designated agent’s name and email address.
If you have questions about your data rights, contact us as described below. In the event you have unresolved concerns, you also have the right to contact your local data protection authority.
Are children allowed to use Curated.com?
Curated.com does not sell products for purchase by children. We do, however, sell children's products for purchase by adults. By using Curated.com you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age, or at least 13 years of age and have permission from your parent or guardian to accept this Privacy Notice and use of Curated.com. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 without the consent of the their parent or guardian.
Conditions of use, notices, and revisions
If you choose to visit Curated.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of California. If you have any concern about privacy at Curated.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use, will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of information collected
Information you give us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal description and photograph in your account; and financial information, including Social Security and driver's license numbers.
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device's settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Information from other sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers. We may also use your email address, phone number or name to collect publicly available information about you.
How do I contact Curated.com?
Curated, Inc. dba Curated.com
638 4th St
San Francisco, CA 94107