If you are a fan of Burton as a brand and are looking to buy a new snowboard under $400, check out Curated Experts' top most recommended Burton snowboards within this budget. Note, however, that we don't believe in "best of" lists here at Curated – everyone is different and we believe in finding the best gear for you and not generally for the masses. Be sure to chat with a Snowboard Expert here on Curated for free, personalized advice on the best snowboard for your needs.
- Burton Stylus Snowboard · Women's · 2023
- Burton Chicklet Snowboard · Girls' · 2022
- Burton Mini Grom Snowboard · Kids' · 2023
- Burton Process Smalls Snowboard · Kids' · 2022
- Burton After School Special Snowboard · Kids' · 2023
- Burton Chopper Snowboard · Kids' · 2022
Burton Stylus Snowboard · Women's · 2023
Summary: This is a sweet board for the casual snowboarder who just wants to explore the whole mountain! It's forgiving enough to make a great first snowboard but resilient enough that it'll work for those who have been riding awhile and are still exploring more technical terrain! It's got a twin shape for experimenting with riding either way and soft and forgiving flex so you can spend more time riding and less time falling! It's also burton's most affordable board!
- This board's profile (the shape of it when lying flat) is "rocker-flat-rocker" this is the most forgiving snowboard profile on the market and makes it very easy to experiment with new riding styles. It's what I've ridden for years even as an advanced rider because it's very confidence inspiring!
- The edges on this snowboard are lifted upwards ever so slightly which makes it very difficult to accidentally catch an edge and faceplant! Don't worry though, they aren't lifted enough to be able to feel the difference, all you'll notice is that you aren't randomly falling like you might on other boards!
This is one of Burton's best entry-level boards that is easy for learning on and forgiving...you won't be catching a bad edge! Soft flexing and very playful. Has a flat to rocker profile which is really nice for learning your first turns. It is a twin-shaped board so the nose and tail are the same width and shape. High quality construction...great first timer board!
Burton Chicklet Snowboard · Girls' · 2022
The Chicklet is an awesome board to learn on, with Burton quality that will last. The flat profile and catch-free design makes learning turns easier, and the twin shape means it rides and feels the same both ways.
The twin shape is ideal for helping them figure out which foot they like to lead on. Beveled edges make it almost impossible for them to catch an edge on too!
Burton Mini Grom Snowboard · Kids' · 2023
Burton Process Smalls Snowboard · Kids' · 2022
This would be a board that your son could progress into, since it is on the medium flex end, rather than softer and more forgiving, but I am going to put it out there for you to consider. It is the right length for his weight and height put together. Beginner to intermediate Riders who would like to take it in the park or all-mountain, and who would like to avoid catching an edge. He can ride both directions on this board.
Burton's classic twin-shaped softer flexing freestyle deck, designed for all types of terrain riding, from groomers to park to pow. Made with the same high-quality construction as the adult boards. It has a flat-to-rocker profile, which is great for learning and for those young riders who are ripping hard...great for all skill levels.
- The younger rider looking to progress their riding through the roof!
- The Process is a board that is at home anywhere on the hill.
Burton After School Special Snowboard · Kids' · 2023
Great for getting a little one comfortable standing on a snowboard! Rocker/Flat profile makes it easy to slide around without catching an edge. The perfect first board for little kids. I've used these to teach lessons and they're the top option for mini-shredders to get familiar with snowboarding
Burton Chopper Snowboard · Kids' · 2022
Burton's tried and true legendary kids board. Twin-shaped, rocker profile, and soft flexing. Easy to learn how to turn, catch-free, and progression-friendly. Soft flexing, lightweight quality construction.
Curated Experts don’t get paid by the manufacturer to write these reviews. All of their opinions are their own and unbiased. Want to learn more about our experts? Check out the video or view some of their profiles to learn more!Meet the Curated Experts