If you're looking particularly for an air purifier from the brand Winix, check out this list of Air Filtration Experts' most recommended Winix air purifiers. Note, however, that we don't believe in "best of" lists here at Curated – everyone has different needs and preferences. Don't forget to chat with an Air Filtration Expert here on Curated to find the right purifier for you.
- Winix AM90 PlasmaWave True HEPA Wi-Fi Console Air Purifier
- Winix HR900 Console Air Purifier
- Winix AM80 True HEPA with Washable Odor Control Carbon Filter Console Air Purifier
- Winix A230 Tabletop Air Purifier
Winix AM90 PlasmaWave True HEPA Wi-Fi Console Air Purifier
Winix HR900 Console Air Purifier
The Winix HR900 is the ultimate air purifier for pet owners! It offers five-stage filtration with a true HEPA filter and is AHAM verified at 300 sq ft but can filter 1450 sq ft in 1 hour. The first line of defense in this purifier is the Ultimate Pet Pre-Filter which filters out pet hair, dander, and visible particles. This filter is easy to change and will keep your filter running at maximum efficiency! Next, your air passes through a washable pre-filter that captures the largest airborne molecules. Next up, the washable AOC carbon filter reduces odors and captures airborne VOCs. After that, the True HEPA filter filters out the finest molecules, such as dust, smoke, and remaining pet dander. Finally, PlasmaWave technology removes the rest of the airborne particulates by creating charged ions to latch onto the contaminants. Triple smart sensors plus an auto mode keep your filtration running at the optimal speed throughout the day and a sleep mode keeps it quiet during the night. Energy Star certification means you can always prioritize your air quality without worrying about your electric bill
Winix AM80 True HEPA with Washable Odor Control Carbon Filter Console Air Purifier
- Medium-sized rooms like the living room, kitchen, or basement.
- The Winix AM80 is AHAM certified for rooms up to 360 sq. ft. with an average clean air delivery rate (CADR) of 235. The AM90 uses a 4-stage filtration system including a washable mesh pre-filter, a washable AOC carbon filter, a true HEPA filter, and PlasmaWave air cleaning technology (dual polarity ionizer that can be turned on or off).
- Additional features include an auto mode, sleep mode, filter replacement indicator, dual smart sensors, and an air quality indicator.
- The Winix AM80 is Energy Star rated and includes a 2-year warranty. Winix recommends cleaning the pre-filter every three weeks, cleaning the AOC carbon filter every three months, and replacing the true HEPA and AOC carbon filter every 12 months.
- Additional notes: The Winix AM80 is great for medium spaces. For smaller spaces consider the Winix A231 and for larger spaces choose the Winix XLC. Have a medium space and really want WiFi with app control - go for the Winix AM90.
Winix A230 Tabletop Air Purifier
A true HEPA air purifier best for small rooms! This purifier is AHAM certified for rooms up to 230 square feet. Winix uses a 4-stage filtration system with this purifier. First, a fine mesh pre-filter catches large contaminates and prevents them from clogging the downstream filtration. Then, a true HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne allergens down to 0.3 microns in size; this takes care of most dust, smoke, pollen, or pet dander. Then, your air is filtered through an activated carbon filter to reduce odors and capture VOCs. Finally, the air passes through the Winix Plasma Wave filter which creates hydroxyls to generate positive and negative ions to separate hazardous contaminates at a molecular level (without generating ozone!). This filtration method meets the California Air Resource Board's AB2276 standard for ozone emissions with less than 0.05 parts per million. A smart sensor with an auto mode, a sleep mode, an air quality indicator, and a 2-year warranty top off this high-end yet budget-friendly small room purifier.
True Hepa filter that captures pollen, dust, smoke and dander.
25 decibel noise level = quiet.
Filters last for 1 year.
Auto mode that automatically adjusts the fan speed based on air quality.
Air quality indicator.
Curated Experts don’t get paid by the manufacturer to write these reviews. All of their opinions are their own and unbiased. Want to learn more about our experts? Check out the video or view some of their profiles to learn more!Meet the Curated Experts