Most Recommended Backpacks of 2021
- OSPREY - ATMOS AG 65 PACK - LARGE - Unity Blue
- OSPREY - EXOS 58 PACK - SMALL - Blaze Black
- OSPREY - EJA 58 PACK - SMALL - Moonglade Grey
- Mystery Ranch Men's Stein 65 Expedition Pack Backpack in Black, Size XL
- Deuter Speed Lite 32 Backpack
- Gregory - Baltoro 65 Backpack - LARGE - Ferrous Orange
- DEUTER - FUTURA VARIO 50 + 10 PACK - Graphite Black
- DEUTER - AIRCONTACT LITE 65 + 10 PACK - Black Graphite
- GREGORY - MAVEN 65 W - X-SMALL - SM - Spectrum Blue
- OSPREY - ARCHEON 45 MENS - SMALL - MD - Stonewash Black
OSPREY - ATMOS AG 65 PACK - LARGE - Unity Blue
The Atmos features an anti-gravity suspension system which helps your load feel lighter than it is (yes, please)! Plus, the adjustable harness and hip belt mean you can customize the fit so it's just right for your body. The internal hydration sleeve fits a water reservoir up to 3L. This pack is covered by Osprey's All Mighty Guarantee for life!
Weighs 4lbs 8oz. Fitted for a torso length of 16 to 19in. Internal frame for added support. One of the best fitting bags for to make hiking a breeze. The back is built to conform to your back to allow for added support.
OSPREY - EXOS 58 PACK - SMALL - Blaze Black
- The Osprey Airspeed, which is a suspension system that keeps the weight off your back, more ventilation so less sweat.
- Cushioned harness.
- Adjustable sternum strap with whistle attached, always a nice feature.
- If you want less weight, you can remove the lid and just use the FlapJacket cover, as Osprey calls it.
- If you use hiking poles, this pack as a special place for them!
- Hydration compatible, you would need to buy your bladder, in the cavity behind the back panel - easy to refill - which is really nice.
- Side straps to hold food, water, wet gear, etc.
This is one of the most popular men's backpacks for thru-hiking! And for good reason - it is comfortable to carry, well ventilated (goodbye back sweat), lightweight, and also features removable pieces to save every ounce of weight necessary. It weighs under 3lbs and comes in 3 sizes to ensure the best fit.
OSPREY - EJA 58 PACK - SMALL - Moonglade Grey
Great for ounce-counters with many features that can be removed, like the lid, sleeping pad straps, and compression straps. The mesh backpanel combined with the excellent suspension system helps reduce sweat. There is an integrated whistle on the sternum strap.
The option for a smaller size means that it won't be a pain to cart around during the hiking portion of your trip. The tensioned backpanel keeps the weight off of the shoulders and comfort throughout the design.
Mystery Ranch Men's Stein 65 Expedition Pack Backpack in Black, Size XL
A very durable pack designed for up to a week in the backcountry! The top lid of this pack also converts to a day pack which is great for when you want to head out on day hikes from your base camp! This pack is hydration compatible plus features plenty of pockets to keep you and your gear organized.
This is the newest version of this back pack and quickly became a favorite. The frame can handle any amount as it's configured perfectly for less back strain and more comfort gain.
Gregory - Baltoro 65 Backpack - LARGE - Ferrous Orange
The Baltoro features custom fit suspension, a daypack that doubles as a hydration sleeve, and a one-handed on-the-go water bottle holster - all incredibly handy while you're on the trail and in the backcountry! The breathable back panel provides support, airflow, and cushioning while you hike. The main compartment has an alternative U-zip access zipper for quick and easy access to your pack contents which makes for easy unpacking when you arrive at camp. Custom fit rain cover included. This is a well-reviewed backpack!
This is one of the most popular packs from Gregory! Great size for overnights and shorter multi-day adventures! Easy access pockets, designed to integrate with a bladder hydration system. You can use this pack for everything ranging from a quick overnight to a 10-day backpack. Super durable, great functionality.
DEUTER - FUTURA VARIO 50 + 10 PACK - Graphite Black
Varislide system guarantees a good fit for any length back and the Aircomfort Sensic mesh system give you great ventilation to help keep you cool! Lots of additional features both inside and out make this pack incredibly versatile!
The Futura Vario 50+10 is comfort oriented with a tensioned mesh back panel to allow cooling airflow. I also love this one since has an integrated rain cover to ensure protection of your gear.
DEUTER - AIRCONTACT LITE 65 + 10 PACK - Black Graphite
- It has adjustable sizing, so it's really easy to dial in the fit perfectly!
- It's made out of really durable materials so it will last a long time, no matter what you throw at it!
- The adjustable volume (being able to expand from 65 to 75 liters) allows it to handle trips from one night to a week.
- Lots of nice pockets and features that make it a really functional backpack.
- 4 pounds 6 ounces is still pretty lightweight for a pack of this quality.
This pack features an extendable lid collar to increase the volume by 10L so you can carry up to 75L of gear. The lid is also detachable and can be transformed into a day pack using the front lid straps! An adjustable torso length helps you find the perfect fit for you and will fit torso lengths from 15-21 inches. The Aircontact Lite pack is hydration system compatible and covered under Deuter's lifetime warranty!
GREGORY - MAVEN 65 W - X-SMALL - SM - Spectrum Blue
A well-designed women's backpack for up to week long adventures or longer thru-hikes with re-supplies along the way! Designed with comfort and functionality in mind - adjustable fit, breathable backpanel, plenty of pockets, and hydration system compatible... it's got everything you need to support longer trips into the backcountry. It's super easy to access your gear with a large side zipper to the main compartment!
Lightweight pack that is adjustable and super comfortable! Perfect fo r multi-day backpacking trips. Comfortable, breathable!
OSPREY - ARCHEON 45 MENS - SMALL - MD - Stonewash Black
A sustainably-made pack that is durable! Versatile enough to take hiking, traveling, canyoneering - or really anything else you might need a pack for. Great for longer hikes, missions with more gear or an overnight backpacking pack. It has great pocket access and size, has a hydration sleeve for your bladder and includes a raincover. It has an adjustable torso length that fits 19-23 inches and a waist size of 28-50 inches.
Curated Experts don’t get paid by the manufacturer to write these reviews. All of their opinions are their own and unbiased. Want to learn more about our experts? Check out the video or view some of their profiles to learn more!Meet the Curated Experts