Get fast, free advice from Curated's Real Experts
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
The Callaway CB wedge is designed for the mid to high-handicap player. It is a forgiving club with a cavity-back design to help with launch and extra forgiveness. The club's sole is very wide and inspires confidence that you will not miss the ball.
A lot of technology is packed in, such as the urethane microspheres that adjust the sound and feel of the club. This is used in the Callaway irons and was brought over to the wedges to give it that premium experience.
This wedge excels in the short shots of 40 yards and in. I was using it on a course with elevated greens, and the height of the shot was controllable, and the distance was easy to keep consistent.
Out of the bunkers, I found this wedge to be very smooth through the sand, and the extra bounce helped get the ball out without too much effort.
- Best for mid to high handicaps
- Best for those that want extra forgiveness
- Best for those that like cavity back design
- Full swing shots can be challenging
- Too much bounce for some players
- Not made for the advanced player
The new Callaway CB Wedge is built to deliver short game forgiveness with incredible spin and feel. From player-friendly shaping, premium feel technologies, and the most aggressive groove in golf, this profile is designed for players who want maximum confidence from their short game.
- Confidence and Forgiveness from Player-Friendly Shaping and Design - A deep cavity back, slightly larger head and thicker topline create confidence, while a leading-edge chamfer helps to fight digging.
- Premium Feel from Game-Changing Construction - Urethane Microspheres help to make the Callaway CB our best-feeling cavity back wedge ever.
- Aggressive Spin and Enhanced Control from JAWS Grooves - Jaws Grooves extend across the face on 54°- 60°, with standard length grooves on 48°- 52°*
- Premium Shafts and Grips - Elevate 95 steel shaft, and graphite options from Project X & UST, with a longer 11.5” Golf Pride Tour Velvet grip.