Get free gear advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
I've dabbled with all the binding brands in my nearly four decades of skiing. However, I keep coming back to Marker for their reliability and safety. Their proprietary "Triple Pivot Elite 3 Toe" and anti-friction gliding plate combine to provide accurate releases when needed yet avoid pre-releases when the binding is under stress. The Marker Sole ID also allows the binding to be adjusted to a range of boot soles from ISO 5355 Alpine to ISO 9523 Touring. Lastly, with 6 colors to choose from and 4 brake widths (between 90-120mm), the Griffon 13 will surely match your ski of choice with both fit and fashion.
- Solid intermediate to advanced binding for in-bounds skiers
- Ultra-reliable releases
- A small and subtle metal cleat on the toe piece, helps scrap off snow boots before clicking in
- Lighter options are available
- Heavier skiers may want a higher DIN release value
- Skis below 80mm width, will need a binding with narrower brake width (90mm is the narrowest on offer)
The Marker Griffon 13 ID Ski Bindings are an excellent option for intermediate to advanced skiers looking for reliable performance in a downhill binding. The Griffons were first introduced in 2008 and this year's version improves on one of the top-selling downhill bindings of all time. They are designed to be compatible with most ski boots, prevent injuries, and efficiently transfer energy to skis. They are available in multiple colors to customize that perfect ski setup.
- Sole.ID – Height adjustable binding plates are compatible with ISO 5355 Alpine, ISO 9523 touring, and GripWalk soles. With one pozi screw, it is easy to adjust.
- Anti-Friction Device (AFD) Gliding Plate – A moveable AFD helps guarantee a precise release point. The plate can be individually adjusted for racing.
- Anti-Ice Rail – This new feature is mounted to the top of the toe piece, making it easy to remove snow and ice from the bottom of ski boots.
- Inter Pivot 3 Freeride Heel – The newest generation of the Griffon heel piece has been completely redone to combine easier step-in comfort with better power transmission and knee-saving safety factors.