Backcountry Access Tracker3 Avalanche Beacon
- We price match
Get fast, free advice from an expert
Ask a winter sports expert a question about this product
- Can you show me more like this?
- What's a more premium option?
- What should I compare this to?
- Is this right for me?
- What's a cheaper option?
- Ask your own question
The Backcountry Access Tracker 3™ Avalanche Beacon is a lightweight, advanced transceiver for backcountry skiers and snowboarders. This beacon is used to prevent injury and death by finding people buried in an avalanche. The Tracker 3™ features a big picture mode, signal suppression mode, and burial/directional indicators to improve search and rescue efforts. This beacon also uses motion sensing auto-revert-to-transmit mode in case of a second avalanche.
- Chest Harness – The beacon can be placed near the chest for a warm and secure fit to keep out of the place from other gear.
- Battery Life – The beacon uses 3 triple AAA batteries that provide 250 hours in transmit mode and 50 hours in search mode.
- Signal Suppression Mode – This mode allows the user to suppress other signals to find the strongest transmitting signal first.
- Big Picture Mode – This mode picks up all transmitting signals to provide a distance reading, and a direction arrow pointing to the bury site.
- Burial and Proximity Indicators – These indicators present how many people are buried and the distance and direction to where they are.
- Motion Sensing Auto-Revert – This mode will transfer search mode into transmit mode in the event of second avalanche.
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations
A middle ground for beacon tech. Triple antenna, 50 m range, includes harness. Signal suppression and big picture modes.