Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
We haven't found this product listed elsewhere. If you find a lower price, let your expert know - we'll match it!Check out our Price Match Policy
The Curated Take
The Predator rod is one of my personal rods for fishing for tiger musky. I will never forget that one time I had a boatside eat from a tiger. With the Predator, I was able to set the hook, play the fish, and land it all within 10 feet of the boat in just a few minutes. The rod had all the power and durability needed to accomplish that task.
The Redington Predator line of rods has been around for many years for a good reason. It represents a lot of value in a sector of ultra-fast rods that cost two to three times as much. Each rod is built for saltwater environments to combat corrosion. This rod is made with one thing in mind: casting big heavy wind-resistant flies at a distance, and it certainly does that well.
- Streamer fishing for trout, bass, saltwater species
- Casting a lot of line
- Extremely Durable
- Heavy swing weight can make casting a lot difficult
- This is not a "presentation" rod
The Redington Predator Fly Rod W/Tube is a 4-piece, fast-action fly rod designed to throw large flies and fight large predatory fish. Built with the intermediate to expert fly fisherman in mind, the components on the rod are designed to withstand the corrosive nature of saltwater.
- Fast Action – This enables longer, more accurate casting.
- Hard Wire Anodized Snake Guides – These guides are corrosion resistant and able to withstand harsh saltwater conditions.
- Cordura Rod Tube – The included Cordura tube will protect the rod when traveling, or not in use.
- Lifetime Warranty – This rod is covered by Redington's lifetime warranty.
- 5wt 9ft (590-4) is a good all-around rod for trout.
- 6wt 9ft (690-4) is good for trout fishing on larger rivers and lakes.
- 6wt 9ft 6in (696-4) is good for trout fishing on larger rivers and lakes.
- 7wt 10ft (7100-4) is a great size for bass or smaller saltwater species.
- 7wt 9ft (790-4) is a great size for bass or smaller saltwater species.
- 8wt 9ft (890-4) is a good all-around saltwater rod for snook, redfish, bonefish smaller stripers, and blues.
- 9wt 9ft (990-4) works well for larger saltwater species, as well as salmon and pike.
- 10wt 9ft (1090-4) is a great size for delivering big flies to medium-sized saltwater species, such as tarpon, permit, barracuda, and albacore.
- 11wt 9ft (1190-4) is a good rod for larger saltwater species such as tarpon.
- 12wt 9ft (1290-4) is a great rod for larger tarpon or giant trevally.
- 14wt 8ft (1481-4) is a two-handed rod for larger blue water species.
- 12wt 9ft (1291-4) is a two-handed rod for larger blue water species.