Marker Alpinist 12 Ski Bindings · 2022
- We price match
Get fast, free advice from an expert
Ask a ski expert a question about this product
- What's a more premium option?
- Is this right for me?
- Can you show me more like this?
- What's a cheaper option?
- What should I compare this to?
- Ask your own question
The Marker Alpinist 12 is an ultralight touring binding that is designed for long days in the backcountry. It is a perfect pairing for a lightweight ski to create a touring setup that won't hold skiers back on the uphill or the downhill. This binding is a good fit for heavy or aggressive backcountry skiers who are looking for a lightweight setup.
- Anti Icing Pads – Rubber pads at the heel and toe of the binding prevent ice buildup while touring. This means skiers can spend more time skiing and less time de-icing their bindings.
- Climbing Aid – A 5- and 9-degree heel riser creates a comfortable heel platform for walking up steep inclines. This allows for more efficient strides on the uphill so skiers have more energy for the descent.
- Active Length Compensation – The heel piece has 4mm of back and forth motion when the ski is flexed. This allows for more predictable binding performance in tough snow conditions and prevents unwanted pre-releases.
- Crampon Attachment – A slot at the bindings toe piece allows for easy installation of ski crampons. The crampons have excellent traction on icy snow surfaces.
- Lightweight – At 245g (without the brake) this binding will keep ski setups nice and light. Light skis mean less energy burned while touring to an objective.
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations
This is a super light binding that rips! No brake, but a lot of people including me don't use brakes in the backcountry.