Get free gear advice from a fishing expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
We haven't found this product listed elsewhere. If you find a lower price, let your expert know - we'll match it!Check out our Price Match Policy
The Curated Take
Entry-level fly fishing anglers searching for a floating trout line should consider the Orvis Clearwater fly line. The weight forward taper of the line makes casting this line easy so that novices can learn to feel the line load the fly rod. A welded loop at the front makes attaching leaders easy with a loop-to-loop connection.
- The taper of this fly line is easy to cast.
- This is a weight forward casting floating line.
- This is a good entry level all purpose fly line.
- The finish on this fly line is not as good as higher quality lines.
The Orvis Clearwater Fly Line is a quality, budget oriented floating line designed for rod weights 3-9. It has a weight forward taper for general all-around conditions of freshwater fly fishing. It is a good choice for new to intermediate skilled fly fishers.
- Welded Loops – There is a welded loop on each end of the line making it easier and quicker to attach backing or leaders multiple times.
- Braided Multifilament Core – The core of this line is designed for fishing cold to moderate water temperature.
- Entry Level Line – This fly line is perfect for beginner anglers who are learning to cast and want to get the feel of fly fishing.