Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
These leaders are perfect for any type of subsurface applications. From nymphing to streamer fishing this is the ideal leader. It's going to break off less and be invisible in the water to help convert and land bigger, smarter fish. The added durability and fewer break offs make the added price point of these leaders worth the extra money. A must to elevate any subsurface tactics from Bass to Trout.
- Subsurface tactics
- Streamer fishing for Bass or Trout
- Great for really rocky streams to prevent breaking off.
The Orvis Mirage Knotless Leader 2 Pack contains two tapered fluorocarbon fly-fishing leaders. These leaders are especially effective for fishing subsurface flies/ as Mirage is virtually invisible underwater. With a specific gravity of 1.76/ it breaks surface tension quickly and sinks quicker than nylon/ which is perfect for nymphing. Fluorocarbon materials also retain their knot and tensile strength in water/ and it is more abrasion-resistant than mono which means you can use smaller diameter tippets. These leaders are preferred for nymphing/ streamers/ and other subsurface flies especially in gin-clear waters or where fish are educated. Key Features:
- 2 Pack – Comes with two knotless tapered leaders.
- Tapered Leader Design – This provides better casting and turnover when fishing big flies.
- 100% Fluorocarbon – These leaders are more abrasion- resistant than mono leaders/ and they virtually disappear underwater.