Fishing expert Josh recommended it to a customer in Somerset 1 month ago
Orvis Hydros Trout Fly Line · WF · 4 wt · Floating · Light Olive - Peach
- We price match
Is this product right for you?
Get free gear advice from a fishing expert
Price comparisonYou’re getting the best price
Bass Pro Shops+ free shipping$79.00
Ask a fly fishing expert a question about this product
- What's a cheaper option?
- Can you show me more like this?
- What should I compare this to?
- What's a more premium option?
- Is this right for me?
- Ask your own question
The Orvis Hydros Trout Weight Forward Fly Line has a taper designed specifically for trout fishing. The line casts dry flies, streamers and nymph rigs with ease. This line has a braided multifilament core for fishing cold to moderate water temps. The Hydros Trout line features a long head that aids in casting and improves mending. This weight forward line comes in line weights 3-8.
- AST Slickness - The AST coating on this line not only protects the line but also provides added slickness for smoother and faster casts.
- Two-Color Line - The line color changes to help aid in assessing casting distance and remaining line available on the spool.
- Orvis Line ID - The line taper, weight and functionality is printed on the line to allow for quick idendification of the line when swapping spools or changing line.
- Welded Loops - There is a welded loop on each end of the line making it easier and quicker to attach the backing and leader multiple times.
- Braided Multifilament Core - The core of this line is designed for fishing cold to moderate water temperatures.
Light Olive - Peach
Fly line taper
Fly line type
Total length (ft)
Head length (ft)
Grain weight (gr)
Recommended by outdoors experts
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations
More from Orvis
Would an expert recommend this for you?
Verified fly fishing expert
Reviewed Jul 13, 2022
A good all-around trout line. The longer head offers better line management, while the larger diameter improves handling, flotation and mending.