Temple Fork Outfitters NXT Black Label Fly Rod
- We price match
Get free gear advice from a fishing expert
The Temple Fork Outfitter NXT Black Label Fly Rod is a great entery-level fly rod. Designed for the beginning angler, this rod is made with the TFO Pro II medium-fast blank, and it offers plenty of forgiveness for delicate presentations and cushioning light leaders but loads easily for longer casts into the wind. The rods are matte black with half wells (5-weight) and full wells (8-weight) grips. The NXT Black Label series are great introductory rods for chasing fish in fresh or saltwater.
- Anodized Up Locking Aluminum Reel Seat â€“ This feature keeps the reel secure to the reel seat.
- Reconstituted Cork Handleâ€“ The attractive natural cork creates a clean look while creating a comfortable hand grip.
- Chromium-Impregnated Stainless Steel Snake Guides â€“ These guides are designed to allow the line to easily pass through the guides while casting or fighting a fish, and they are rust resistant.
- 5wt 9ft (TF 05 90 4 NXT BLK) â€“This model is the introductory freshwater rod, primarily used for trout and panfish.
- 8wt 9ft (TF 08 90 4 NXT BLK) â€“ This model is the introductory saltwater rod, but is also a good bass rod.
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations
TFO has made one of the most beginner friendly rods with the Black Label series. The TFO Black Label kit is an excellent setup that is used by many fly schools for teaching the fundamentals yet will still have enough performance to keep you happy for a long time. The rod is a versatile, medium-fast action that will suit a lot of casting styles and flies. The included NXT BLK Reel is a solid reel that will perform as intended and comes loaded with backing, a weight-forward floating fly line, and leader/tippet.
This is good to fish any bass trout or pan fish. Will fish tiny nymphs up to large streamers.
AMAZING beginner rod, I have it and I still use it often!
Heavier than your old set-up good for bigger fish