Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
We haven't found this product listed elsewhere. If you find a lower price, let your expert know - we'll match it!Check out our Price Match Policy
The Curated Take
These Poly Leaders are a great option to get the performance of a sink tip line on a budget. The loop to loop connection on this leader means it’s easy to use and easy to change out to a normal leader if needed. It’ turns any floating line into a sink tip line without having to have a second reel or an second spool with a whole second line on it. There are three different sinking rates depending on how quickly and deep the fly needs to sink-intermediate, fast or extra fast sink. The only down side on these leaders is that the leader it’s self is a black coated plastic and the length of clear monofilament to tie a Fly to is about 8”. I have some tippet rings and the first thing I do when I buy these is tie one on the end and then add tippet before I attach a fly to get the most use out of them!
- Turns any floating line into a sink tip line
- Comes in several different sink rates
- Easily swapped out for a regular leader
- The clear monofilament at the end is very short
The Orvis 7' Trout Polyleader is like a mini fly line that is tapered and acts as a natural extension of the fly line tapering down to the tippet. The Trout Polyleader is available in Clear Floating/ Intermediate Sinking (1.5 inches/second)/ Fast Sink (3.9 inches/second)/ and Super Fast Sink (6.1 inches/second). 4 - 8 feet of 2-12 pound tippet can be added depending on the fishing conditions encountered. Key Features:
- 4Densities – This allows the entire water column to be fished.
- Exposed Monocore Tip – This allows tippet to be attached however an angler chooses/ from a blood knot to surgeon's knot/ or even tie a perfection loop for a loop to loop connection.
- PVC Coated Monocore – Constructed just like fly line/ this adds to a nice casting taper.