Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
This fly reel is one of the most durable fly reels for the price. This product is for someone looking to have a reel that can be used for multiple applications, as this series has multiple options depending on their needs. The only issue I have had with this fly reel is after two years of use, the drag sometimes likes to get stuck, making it hard to adjust while on the water. This could be an issue, especially for saltwater applications. The great thing about TFO is they offer a lifetime warranty for repairs on the reels. This fly reel is the best in its class regarding durability and performance.
- Most durable in the Temple Fork Outfitters fly reel lineup.
- Great for not only freshwater but also saltwater ready.
- Sealed drag makes for a long-lasting fly reel.
- I would not consider this a "small water" fly reel. This reel is only fitting for a few 3wt fly rods due to its weight.
The Temple Fork Outfitters BVK Sealed Drag Reel is a large arbor reel that fly fishermen of all skill levels would use. This machined aluminum reel is anodized, making it saltwater corrosion resistant. The Derlin stainless steel drag is sealed to prevent moisture and grime from getting in. Available in four different sizes, this reel will cover line weights of 3 to 11. Key Features:
- Sealed Drag – The sealed drag increases the durability of the reel by preventing corrosive elements from affecting the drag.
- Super Large Arbor – The extra size of the large arbor reel allows for quicker line pick up and less line memory.
- Nylon Reel Pouch – The nylon reel pouch serves as a safe and convenient option to store the reel when not in use.