The Curated Take
The Smith Level MIPS is designed with any skier or snowboarded looking for advanced protection, ventilation, and adjustability in any terrain. With a VaporFit snow adjustable dial you get 270-degree fit adjustment to ensure the best fit and full protection. Easy adjustability in gloves so you can control dial and vent adjustments anywhere on the mountain. A hybrid shell construction blends a durable exterior with a lightweight in-mold blending a light weight frame with full protection. The Zonal KOROYD coverage provides energy-absorption while Mips Brain Protection System reduces rotational forces caused by angled impacts to the head. Although designed to with Smith Googles in mind, the AirEvac ventilation system means your googles won't fog up. Personally, I use Oakley googles with the Level MIPS and they haven't fog up on me once. The only drawback I have with the helmet is during warmer months I have found it warm enough to cause irritation and requires me to take it off from time to time. In the grand scheme of things I will happily make this trade off knowing I am fulling protected and comfortable on 99% of my ski days.
- Extremely adjustable rotary dial adjustment system offering a full 5cm of adjustability up/down as well as forward/backward
- Smith's Hybrid shell construction fuses light weight in-mold technology with hard-shell outer construction providing comfort and safety performance
- Unique honeycomb material called Koroyd on the top of the helmet improves airflow while providing exceptional protection
- On warmer days ventilation can be a challenge and I find my head getting very warm even with the ventilation panels open
The Smith Level MIPS® helmet is a reliable helmet loaded with safety features. Its low profile design is comfortable and stylish.
- MIPS Technology – MIPS technology allows the frame of the helmet to move without applying torque to the head, which minimizes the risk of neck injuries.
- Aerocore™ Construction – Smith’s Aerocore construction is a lightweight, breathable, and impact-resistant honeycomb matrix.
- Ventilation – Adjustable ventilation via a slider system allows you to control airflow to keep warm on snow days and cool off when the sun comes out.
- VaporFit™ – VaporFit system allows for superior adjustability and comfort.