Icebug Men's Metro2 Bugrip
Get free gear advice from an expert
Icebug’s bestselling winter shoe. Metro2 BUGrip is a comfortable studded shoe that you can walk in, in the winter without the risk of slipping. The 16 steel studs provide grip on icy roads.
- 15,2 kg CO2 eqv. per pair
- 19% recycled materials
- 10% bio based materials
A stylish design and wide range of uses have made Metro one of Icebug’s real classics and bestsellers. Upper of water-repellent suede and a zip on the inside of the foot make the shoe easy to put on. The 16 dynamic studs are made of carbide steel so you can walk for miles on asphalt without worrying about wearing out the shoe!
For what: Winter walks Why we made the shoe: We wanted to make a stylish walking shoes suitable for most people.
- Water resistant upper
- Great walking comfort Sustainability highlights:
- Midsole EVA contains 20% BLOOM® foam, which is made from algae from overgrown lakes.
- Lining is made of bluesign®, solution dyed and 100% recycled GRS certified PET polyester.
- The Milspeed inner heel and toe reinforcements are made of 60% recycled plastic, out of which 11-12% are recycled nylon fishing nets.
- The BUGrip® outsole contains 20% recycled rubber.
Last: Wide Studs: With studs Usage: Walking Water Protection: Water repellent
- BUGrip® is the name of Icebug’s grip technology for the most slippery conditions. A BUGrip sole is made of a special rubber compound and has 13-19 integrated steel studs. The design of the studs, together with the properties of the rubber compound, give these studs a dynamic function. The studs work independently from each other and are not completely fixed. When weight is applied the studs push in toward the surface of the sole. How far they are pushed in depends on the pressure exerted by the user and the resistance from the ground. This dynamic function makes the studs adapt to the surface and provide the best possible traction on anything from dry asphalt to pure ice.BUGrip® Technology Performance Information The purpose of the BUGrip® technology is to provide traction on slippery surfaces. The manufacturing of outsoles with this technology is a complex process. Since the most important component is rubber – a natural material which performance is not possible to entirely control – there might be cases of premature loss of studs from the outsole. Therefore, outsoles with BUGrip® technology are designed and manufactured with a surplus of studs. The function of the technology is maintained even if losing 3-4 studs on one outsole. After usage in wet conditions, the head or sides of the studs might get a surface layer of rust. However, the relevant part of the stud for providing traction is the carbide tip, and this will not be affected. Warning: No guarantee against slipping. Products with the BUGrip® technology are not recommended for indoor use or on sensitive surfaces.