Get fast, free advice from Curated's Real Experts
The Curated Take
After purchasing the ZX5 irons, I decided to test out and purchase additional Srixon products due to my experience with the irons. I tested out the ZX hybrids to replace my current 3 hybrid. When I tested out the hybrids, I noticed it has a compact clubhead that I liked when addressing the ball. The ball flight was penetrating, great distance and I had the ability to work the ball in different shot shapes. Forgiveness was decent but on the mishits, it was not as forgiving as I anticipated. Overall this is a solid hybrid for a mid handicapper but if you are looking for a lot of forgiveness and a draw bias to assist with a slice, I would go with an option for higher handicap players.
- Penetrating Ball Flight
- Compact look and comfortable feel at address
- Great Distance
- Forgiveness could be slightly better
The Srixon® ZX Hybrid is designed for giving mid- to lower-handicap players reliable launch and apex heights to drop and stop on greens from distance. Layers of speed are constructed into the hybrid, which act like a spring to project deep ball flights and forgiveness across the clubface.
- Rebound Frame – A unique structure focuses more energy to the golf ball increasing ball speeds across the face especially from center-face impacts.
- Tour-Preferred Shape – This hybrid is designed with a small footprint, straight face angle, and squared-off toe that appeal to the skilled player's eye.
- Crown Step – It's built with a stepped crown that pushes the center of gravity low in the hybrid to optimize launch and increase the stability on off-center strikes.