Get free gear advice from an expert
The Curated Take
Great driver for those looking to alleviate their slice, whether it be the banana moon ball, or just more left to right shot shape than you'd like. I typically hit the ball both ways, but like to hit the power-fade when I am trying to bomb one. However, that power-fade can turn quickly into a power-slice.
This driver is EXCELLENT in moving that shot shape from left to right, to right to left. The added weight both in the front, and the back help increase ball speed as well. Meaning you get a fantastically forgiving driver, that still screams off the clubface.
This driver is aimed at the mid to high handicapper, as your faster (and typically better) players will launch this far too high, and add too much spin. This leads to disaster in ball flight and distance. That's not to say a lower handicap player may not like this, especially one who struggles to get the ball airborne. The high base lofts will allow those players to get the ball up and get it moving.
Overall this is a great driver that can help that slicer turn into a straight ball hitter, and help find more fairways, more frequently.
- Alleviating slices/left to right ball flight
- Mid to high handicapper
- Anyone looking to turn the ball of with ease
- Not really workable left to right
- Draw players that hit this will turn a draw into a hook
The Cobra RadSpeed XD Driver is engineered to deliver 5-25 handicap players who seek to limit the effects of negative slice-spin, a driver built with additional weighting at the heel to offset slice spin and increase distance.
- CNC Milled Infinity Face – Built with an infinity edge face design expands the milled area and the hitting area for maximum ball speeds off a large portion of the club face.
- Thin-Ply Carbon Wrap Crown – Using a new carbon fiber material in the crown saves 6 grams of discretionary weight repositioned to optimize performance and enhanced forgiveness.
- T-Bar Speed Chassis – A refined T-Bar Chassis enables more mass to be moved forward in the frame, decreasing spin while maintaining fast ball speeds.
- Adjustable Hosel – An adjustable hosel system allows players to further optimize the ball flight to hit specific points in the fairway.